41- Happiness

Antonio walked out of the room, and stood against the wall, making some phone calls. Calling his parents, Sadie's dad, then called Ethan, and Grace, letting them know the babies were born. "By the way, I knew it... that beautiful wife of mine was carrying twins." Antonio mentioned to Ethan, then chuckled "Finally got me some more boys."

Antonio hung up with Ethan, and walked back into the room to hold his boys. He sat in the chair, taking turns holding each one. "We needed a little more balance in the home." he chuckled, as he looked over at Sadie.

"Yea there were quite a bit of hormones in the home, could you imagine if we had a couple more?" she giggled. She then got quiet, and looked at Antonio with a serious look, debating on telling him what has been on her mind. "I've been thinking... I think I'm going to have my tubes tied, what would you think about that?"

Antonio got quiet, and looked at his newly born sons. Sadie watched his expression go from happy to sad, and could see that he didn't care much for what she wanted to do. "By the expression on your face, I can tell you're not in favor of it. But if you think about it, I have given birth to eight kids, and I feel that I can't do this anymore. We have a combined total of ten kids, that's a lot of kids if you think about it." she sighed, then giggled, and reached her hand out to him. "We're both fertile as fuck."

"I know..." he sighed "I'm still not too thrilled about the idea."

She sighed "It can always be reversed, I'm thirty-eight, and I don't want to keep popping babies out the rest of my life. We have five boys, and five girls, I think that's plenty..." She looked away, and covered her face with her hands. She had a feeling he wasn't going to like the idea, and was looking forward to enjoying what they have already. "If you don't want me to do it, I won't bring it up to the doctor, I'm just tired of being pregnant."

He stood up, and walked over to her. It killed him hearing what she wanted to do, but understood where she was coming from. He pulled her hands away from her face, and leaned down to kiss her. "If it will make you happy, then I'll support your decision."

Happy to hear he'll support her, she smiled, and cupped the side of his face "Thank you."

The next day, Antonio was at home getting the kids ready to leave for the hospital, while Scott, and his wife went to visit Sadie, and to see his new grandchildren. Sadie was resting when they walked into the room, he walked over to her, and stood by her, watching her sleep, and thinking about all the years he missed of her growing up, and was feeling happy she's allowed him to be a part of her life the past ten years.

With the tip of his finger, he caressed her cheek, admiring how beautiful she was. It still bothered him, how for years he wanted nothing to do with her, and had never mentioned to his wife, that he had a child out there. He felt guilty, and has spent the last ten years trying to make up for it. Sadie could feel someone touching her cheek, and opened her eyes, thinking it was Antonio.

"Morning." Scott said quietly, when she opened her eyes.

"Hello." she smiled. She rolled over to her back, and looked at Scott and his wife "I'm glad to see you two could make it, have you seen them?"

"No, not yet." Scott's wife said, as she sat in the chair.

"I called your two sisters, and brother, letting them know you had the babies. They didn't think they could come visit today, but they all mentioned they would come, and visit their nephews soon." Scott said, feeling bad.

She smiled knowing they weren't going to make it. She never spent much time with them after they met the first time, and heard they were jealous of her. They thought she was spoiled, and couldn't believe she was able to find someone like Antonio. "Oh, that's alright, it's only the hospital. It's not like they can't come, and visit us another time." she said politely.