21- Ethan on cloud nine

Grace looked at Ethan, and pulled away from him. She had to get out of there, and fast. She knew if she stayed in his arms any longer that she would take him up on his offer, and break all the rules that she had set between them.

"I have to go, I'm happy for you, really, I am." Grace said, and quickly got inside her car.

Ethan leaned in the door, and looked at her "I wish you would quit running away from me."

"Ethan go back inside, and continue whatever you have going on with Ilona. I told you to go out, and find whatever you're looking for. I want you to be happy, you won't have that with me, and I don't want a relationship that is a secret either. It's not right, and it's not fair to you, or I."

"It doesn't have to be."

"I have to go; I feel like I'm about to be sick again." Grace pulled on the door to shut it, causing Ethan to jump back. He stood in the driveway, and watched her leave, wondering what the hell she was talking about.

Ethan walked back inside, and plumped his ass down in the chair at the table "How's my mom, is she feeling better?" Sadie asked, sounding worried.

Ethan rubbed his face hard, frustrated with his situation with Grace, and wanted to finally admit to Sadie what happened between them, but because of Grace, and her asking him not to, he kept his mouth shut "I'm not sure, she said she was about to be sick. I didn't know she was sick?"

"She was fine earlier, when you were with Antonio, she was here talking with Ilona and I, and she took off to the bathroom. When she came out, she was white as a ghost, and said she had to get going. She thought maybe she had food poisoning, or a bug that was going around." Sadie left the room to gather all the kids, and brought them upstairs to get ready for bed.

Ethan looked at Ilona and noticed she was being quiet. He then started talking to her about Faith, and how Melissa was going to allow him to have her on Thanksgiving. "That's great." Ilona smiled "It's a start, so that's good."

"I'm curious as to how she will handle being around a bunch of strangers. She doesn't know any one of us." Ethan looked down at the papers that Melissa had signed, and scanned through them. He knew he didn't have to read them since Antonio was the one that drew them up, and knew Antonio would never screw him over with anything.

"Maybe you should have her come over tomorrow for a few hours, that way she can get to know everyone. Plus, you have Aria, Carina, and Matteo here that are close in age, they should get along, and would play well together." Ilona says, giving him an idea.

"That's not a bad idea."

"I can help, Carina warmed up to me quickly, and I'm sure I could get her to as well." Ilona smiled, as she touched the top of his hand.

"Thank you." He looked down at her hand, and smiled "I better get going, I'd like to go over these papers."

Ilona sighed "I guess I'll see you whenever."

Ethan went home, and decided to finally look at the papers that Antonio drew up, he liked what he read, but couldn't believe this was Melissa's doing. He felt she had something up her sleeve, and that this was almost too easy. He called Antonio, asking for him to get things set up for a DNA test. He wanted to be sure she wasn't going to screw him again, even though she denied wanting any child support. In which he thought was strange, and believed that if she was his kid, he felt he should at least help somehow.

He smiled as he sat on the couch remembering Faith's face, seeing her long dirty blonde hair, her green eyes, and her smile. He knew it was late but called Melissa's phone number that she had listed on the paperwork. Melissa answered, and was quite civil on the phone with Ethan, she agreed to bring Faith over to Antonio's the next day, so she could get to know him, as well as the others.