34- Making up

A couple days had gone by, Antonio felt bad for what he had done the other night, and wanted to make it up to Sadie. Being that he had no scheduled court appearances for the day, he took the day off work, and stayed home hanging up the lights, while Sadie was at work. She had been giving him the silent treatment since that night, and wanted to surprise her. Taking him nearly all day to hang them.

Sadie was still feeling hurt by Antonio, and didn't feel like leaving work when she was done, and called Ilona, letting her know that she decided to work a double shift after someone called in.

Antonio was surprised Sadie wasn't home from work, and looked at his watch. He sighed, feeling guilty as ever for what he did to her, and the kids. He left his office, and walked into the kitchen to talk to Ilona. "Have you heard from Sadie at all? Normally she's home by now."

Ilona stopped stirring the soup, and looked over at him, she knew Sadie was still upset with him, and didn't blame her. "Someone called in, and she decided to do a double shift."

"Thank you." he said, sounding bummed. He really wanted her to see that he hung up the lights, and wanted to see her smile. He turned around, and began walking away, then stopped when he heard his name, and turned around. "Yes?"

"She's pretty hurt right now."

"I know..." he sighed "Would you mind watching the kids a little longer? I've got to head out for a bit..."

Ilona gave him a puzzled look, hoping he wasn't going out drinking, and piss Sadie off even more. "I see the look on your face, and don't worry, I'm not going out to cause any trouble. I'm going to surprise her." he smiled.

Antonio left, and headed for Sadie's work, when he walked into the restaurant, he asked the hostess to be seated in Sadie's section. "Follow me." she tells him. As he followed the hostess, he looked around trying to see if he could see her, and saw her standing at a table, taking their order. He smiled, sat down, and was handed a menu. "She will be with you shortly."

He kept an eye on her while holding onto the menu, and covered his face with the menu as she began walking over to his table "Hello, my name is Sadie, and I'll be your waitress this evening... can I get you something to drink, or do you have any questions with the menu that I can help you with?" she asked, sounding bubbly.

He smiled, and spoke softly "I was curious as to what kind of font this is on the menu?" he asked, trying to disguise is voice. She recognized the voice, and placed her hands on her hips. "Antonio..." she huffed.

He slowly lowered the menu, and smiled at her "Ciao amore mio." "Antonio, what are you doing here?" she asked, sounding upset.

"I came for dinner, I miss my wife, and wanted to see her.... and I'm hungry..."

"Well, I miss my husband. I miss the loving, caring, and wonderful man he is, or was." she snapped, looking around at her other tables, hoping nobody needed anything.

"I'm still here, I'm still the same ole me, and I'm sorry for what happened the other night. It won't happen again... so, can I order some food? I'm starving." He raised his eyebrows, and pointed on the menu to what he wanted "What time are you done?"

"I have another hour to go." she sighed, she was tired, and wished she hadn't stayed on, but she also didn't want to be at home, dealing with Antonio.

"Perfect, I should be done eating by then, and then I'm taking you out." he smiled.

She threw her arms up in the air, and walked away, she wanted to stay pissed at him, but seeing his big blue eyes sparkling back at her, was hard for her to resist being upset with him anymore.