24- You can whack me

Ilona was sitting downstairs reading a book while making sure the kids fell asleep. Ethan made his way down the stairs wanting to check on Faith, and saw Ilona sitting on the couch, he walked over to her, and sat down on the other side of her. "How are they doing?"

"I think they're asleep, I heard some giggles a little while ago, but haven't heard anymore from them for about ten minutes now." She kept her eyes glued on her book, and was having a hard time looking at him, thinking back to how she saw Ethan, and Grace looking at each other earlier. More so, thinking about Grace's glares she was receiving from her, and couldn't figure out why. She set her book down onto her lap, and looked over at Ethan, squinting her eyebrows "Is there something I should know?"

Ethan tilted his head to the side, and looked at her wondering what she was curious to know. He had a feeling it was about Grace, since she asked him earlier if something was going on between him, and Grace "About what?"

"At dinner, I noticed how you, and Grace kept eyeing each other, I also kept getting glaring eyes staring at me throughout the day from her. So, I'm asking, is there something I should know?"

Ethan looked down to the floor, he was feeling like a heel, and knew he had made a mistake sleeping with her, knowing he should have waited until he knew for sure what was going on between him, and Grace. At the time, he didn't think anything was going to happen between them, but his heart and mind was still thinking about her.

"It's a long story." he said quietly, as his eyes slowly rolled up to see if she was looking at him, and saw her staring at him with her arms crossed, knowing she was waiting for him to answer her question.

"I'm all ears, and we have all night."

He knew he had to talk to her, and to clear the air, after all she is Antonio, and Sadie's nanny, and he would be seeing her all the time. She deserved an explanation from him, and it was only right that he explained to her what was going on. He also knew he needed to apologize to her if she felt he was leading her on. He took a deep breath, and sighed, looking up and seeing the way she was looking at him he had to think, he didn't want to hurt her feelings, and wanted to make sure she would understand everything he was about to explain to her.

"Ilona, I want you to know that I like you a lot, you're young, beautiful, great with kids, and everything that a man would want. But my heart has been somewhere else for years, Grace and I have always had a connection, but never acted on anything for years until about a month or so ago. It was a spur of the moment thing, and after it happened, we thought that was it, we never expected anything more from it, but that night changed everything between us. I couldn't get her off my mind, even after she asked me to move on. I tried, and tried moving on with you, I tried making it work with you, but my mind still kept going back to her, and I owe you an apology for that."

"You do owe me an apology, I knew something was wrong, and every time I asked you about it, you made up an excuse. After we had sex, you were quiet and distant, was she the reason why?"

"I'm sorry for that." he sighed "I just couldn't figure out what I was doing, and I didn't want to hurt you, her, I didn't want to hurt anyone. And to answer your question, the answer is yes, I didn't mean to become quiet, or distant. But after we had sex, it hit me on what we had just got done doing, and immediately thought about her, and felt I had cheated on the both of you."

"You still could have been honest with me; I would have understood, and possibly could have given you some advice." she says looking away from him "So, what happens now?"

"Grace, and I had a long talk while I brought her home, and I think we're going to see where our relationship takes us. It took nearly ten years for us to figure it out, and because of Grace being Sadie's mom I just never thought it would happen, I always thought it would be me teasing her the rest of my life."