25- Ti amo

After checking into their room, and getting themselves situated, they took a walk around the ship, wanting to check it out, and to see where everything was "I think I feel like letting loose." Sadie said, as they walked past a bar.

"What were you thinking?"

"I would like a drink." she grinned, then grinned even wider when she saw his expression.

"You do?" he asked shocked.

"Well... it's been years since I was able to let loose, and we have no kids to worry about. So, why not?"

Antonio smiled, and opened the door for her, placing his hand on the small of her back and walking her over to the bar. They sat down, and waited for the bartender to come and take their order. He looked at her, and shook his head, curious to hear what she was going to order. She was in the mood to let her hair down, and to live a little, something that was long overdue. "What can I get for you two?" The bartender asked, as he placed a couple coasters in front of them.

She smiled, then looked over at Antonio "I would like a Long Island Iced Tea." His eyes widened, surprised hearing her order something so potent, and knew he'll probably be carrying her back to their room when they were finished. Seeing his eyes as wide as they were, she giggled "I told you I wanted to let loose."

He chuckled "I guess so." He looked at the bartender, laid cash on top of the bar, and ordered himself bourbon on the rocks.

Sadie looked over at Antonio, scooted her chair closer to him, and placed her hand in his. She leaned forward, and kissed him "Thank you for this, I really needed this."

"I know you did, whatever it takes to make my princess happy. When she's happy, then I'm happy."

They stayed inside the bar for a couple hours, enjoying cocktails, and having heartfelt talks about their kids, and their marriage. Sadie was starting to feel the alcohol kick in, and looked at Antonio "So why did you hide it from me?"

"Hide what?" He took a sip of his bourbon, and looked at her curiously.

Sadie reached, and grabbed a hold of his chin when he turned to wave the bartender over, and turned him to look at her "You know what I'm talking about... my mom, and Ethan... I had a feeling something had been going on for a while, and figured something happened the night Ethan helped my mom out with her car. When he came back to the house to eat, he couldn't even look at me. And whenever I talked with you about the two of them, you either would change the subject, or you would tell me to let them be."

Antonio ordered another round of drinks, then rubbed the back of his head as he looked at Sadie, he knew her by now, and knew she could always tell when he was trying to hide something from her.

"I figured it out when I went over to his house one morning, and saw your mother's car in the driveway. I never went in, but I had gone to see him later that morning, and had a little talk with him over breakfast. I asked him about it, and refused to admit to anything, but after a while, he finally confessed."

"So... I'm going to ask again, why did you hide it from me?"

"I wasn't trying to hide anything, I told him he needed to be the one to tell you, it wasn't my place to say anything, I'll admit it drove me nuts knowing about it, and not being able to say anything to you. But the way I saw it was, they're both adults who consented on an act that was private between them. Then I thought back to when it first happened between us, how we tried hiding it, knowing eventually it would come out; We just didn't know when."

She placed the straw in her mouth, sucking up the rest of her drink, and smiled "You still hid it." she says, smirking "But I understand, I just don't want to see her hurt, especially after what she went through all those years, and it just weird to me, I look at him as my brother."