Chapter 7

After dinner everyone went to the living room to watch movies. Isabela and Niall went outside and sat on the porch. “I think it’s time I take you home.” Niall said

“What? Why can’t I just stay here tonight?” Isabela asked. Niall shook his head no and stood up. He held his hand out to Isabela but she refused to get up. “Not until you answer me.”

“Do you not remember the talk we had this morning?” Niall sighed and sat back down next to Isabela. “Are you really going to make this big of a fuss?”

“Yes.” She crossed her arms over her chest. Niall laughed and scooped her up into his arms bridal style. He gave her a quick kiss and walked back into the house. Everyone had left the living room except for Milan and Zayn. They were still “watching” a movie. “Ew!” Isabela yelled and Milan looked at her and laughed.

“Shut up or I’ll kick you!”

“Come at me bro!” Isabela said. Niall laughed and ran up the stairs with Isabela still in his arms. He laid her down gently on the bed and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“I have to go take a shower. I’ll be back soon.” He walked out of the room and Isabela looked over at the bag that she had brought earlier. She changed into shorts and a tee-shirt. Since Niall had his own person bathroom Isabela went to the guest bathroom down the hall. It was about 1:30 am so she figured everyone should be asleep. When she passed Louis’ room she heard him and Emilea talking. The rest of the rooms were silent. Milan and Zayn were still down stairs. She walked into the bathroom and brushed her teeth real quick. She put her hair up in a bun then realized it took away from her sex appeal. She frowned and washed her face quickly. She looked in the mirror and shook her head. “He thinks this is beautiful?” she whispered to herself. She shrugged off her low self esteem and walked back to the room. She laid down on the bed and started to play with the ring on her finger. When she looked up she noticed the door to the bathroom was cracked. She could see Niall dripped wet with a towel around his waist. His body was beautiful and so firm. His hair was matted to his head as he started to dry it with another towel in his hand. He slipped on boxers under his towel then opened the door and stood in the doorway. He smiled at Isabela and she could feel her heart drop in her chest.

“You always smell good.” Isabela smiled as she took in the smell of his aftershave. His breath smelled minty and she could feel her heart drop a little more. She ran her hand up his chest. It was smooth and soft. She laid he head down to where her ear was right over his heart.

“That belongs to you.” He whispered. She looked up at him. With the little light coming from the bathroom she could see his soft blue eyes. She was in a constant struggle right now not to go all out. She felt like he did all this on purpose. Like he did it to make her give into the urge first. She took a deep breath and placed a kiss on his chest. She traced the outline of his abs with her finger. She looked up and they were inches away from eachothers mouths. His smell was intoxicating her. She stared to lean in to kiss him when the door busted open. Milan and Zayn were laughing and messing around.

“Put your hands up!” Milan said with a giggle “Oh.” She smiled. “Well, I’ll leave you two to your business.” She winked. Isabela could tell that her and Zayn had been drinking. She laughed and got up. She pushed Milan and Zayn out of the door and shut it.

“Do you want me to lock this?” Isabela asked. Niall nodded yes and then patted the bed. She walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. She head Niall sigh behind her and she smiled, but made sure he couldn’t see it. Niall sat up and rubbed her back.

“What’s the matter? Niall asked. Isabela tried to fake it, but she kept smiling. She turned to face him and planted a huge kiss on him. She pushed him back on the bed and she could feel Niall laugh. His hands made their way to her hair. Her hands were placed on his chest and on the jawline of his mouth. She giggled as she continued to kiss him. His fingers tangled in her hair. He started to kiss down her neck. He stopped kissing her and got up. She gave him a confused look.

“What?”

“Not now. We can’t do this. I want to wait.” Niall looked upset. She was staring into his eyes then her eyes ran down his body. She blushed when she reached the waist area. Her eyes shot back up to his eyes.

“I respect that.” She said. She could see that he looked disappointed. “I’m not mad.” She laughed

“It’s not you. I mean I want to, but I feel like we should wait.” He said. Isabela laughed and pulled Niall back on the bed. She brushed his hair back and looked him in the eyes.

“I’m not mad Niall. I respect it.” She softly kissed his cheek and they laid back on the bed. Isabela fell asleep in his arms again. She felt safe there. Niall fell asleep with his head resting on hers.

Isabela woke up late that morning. She walked downstairs and found everyone outside. Niall greeted her with a good morning and a kiss. “Hey, I got to run to my house real quick. Can I borrow your car?” she asked Milan. Milan nodded her head yes and started walking away with Zayn. Isabela felt arms warp around her. His face came around and kissed her on the cheek. “I’ll be right back love.” She whispered

“Want me to go with you?” Niall asked.

“No, it’s okay. I will be right back.” She gave him a quick kiss and hopped into Milan’s car. She was driving for about 2 minutes when she came up to a red light. She stopped and started flipping through stations on the radio. She stopped when she heard One Direction playing.  She smiled and took a look at her reality. She honestly couldn’t have it better. She looked up to a sight of a car coming straight towards her. She panicked and didn’t know what to do. Before the car hit her straight on she covered her face. The last thing she could taste was blood before she blacked out.

Niall was playing Frisbee with Harry and Louis when Milan came running up to the house tears in her eyes. “Niall! Niall!” she screamed. Niall jumped at the sudden shout of his name.

“Milan? What’s the matter?” He asked trying to calm Milan down.

“Isa- Isabela! She’s in the hospital! Car hit her straight on going 70! Oh God Niall!” Milan broke down crying in Niall’s shoulder. Harry and Louis surrounded them. Zayn came up behind them. They all watched Milan cry and Niall’s blank face.

“Niall, come on dude. Snap out of it.” Harry said clapping in front of Niall’s face. “Get up Niall. We are going to the hospital.” Niall wouldn’t move. He was lifeless. Harry and Louis grabbed Niall’s arms and led him to the car. All the girls except Milan stayed at the house. Harry sat in the back holding on to Niall. Zayn was comforting Milan, and Liam was in the front with Louis, who was driving. Niall wasn’t moving. Harry look worried. “Niall, come on.” He kept waving his hand in front of his face and shaking his body. They arrived at the hospital in less than 15 minutes. Liam was the one to go up and talk to the lady.

“Isabela Aquino please.” He asked. Liam was the most calm out of them all. The lady at the desk shook her head no. “Please just tell us.” She sighed.

“Room 134.” Liam smiled and said thank you. He led the boys to the room. They weren’t allowed to go in, but they could look through the window. Milan had stopped crying and calmed herself down now. Niall stood motionless staring through the window. He stood like that for about 3 hours. The others were sitting on the floor waiting for something to change. Zayn sat next to Milan comforting her. Harry got up and stood next to Niall. He looked at Niall’s face which had tears streaming down his face. He had been crying silently. Harry patted his back and wrapped Niall in a hug. Niall started crying harder soaking Harry’s shirt.

“Sit down Niall.” Harry whispered. Niall shook his head no and turned back to the window. They couldn’t hear through the window, but Niall noticed something wrong. He watched as the ECG(line) in the heart monitor speed up and go faster. He tensed up and then the line went straight!

“No. No. No.” He kept saying over again. Harry got up before two nurses came through and pushed him out of the way. “No!” Niall screamed. Zayn and Harry grabbed his arms to hold him back. “No! Isabela you promised forever! Don’t go! No! No!” He kept saying no over and over again. Finally he dropped to floor because he could watch no more. He put his face in his hands and started saying no repeatedly. “You promised.” He whispered.