Stepping closer

"Lexi?" He questioned.

"U-Uh Lydia's waiting in the library for us."

"Lexi-"

"Scott, I'm okay,"

"I've told you, you don't have to handle anything alone,"

"And I love that you care enough to handle this with me but like you said you're busy with your own stuff, I can handle this on my own."

"Lexi, I watch someone die from that bomb, I couldn't help him but I can help you"

"Are you all healed from what stiles did to you?" I asked him, his face dropped and he shook his head.

"But that's different, I'm a werewolf"

"Did you forget Scott?" My voice turned into a whisper, "So am I."

"Not fully," he reminded me.

"I heal faster than your normal human,"

"I know that but you're still only human, you still can be in pain," He told me. "Just give me your hand."

I knew he wasn't going to let this go so I slowly lifted my hand to him. Gently he took my hand in his and covered it with his other one, with a simple movement he was taking my pain like before. After a while, I pulled my hand away from him.

"Thank you," I told him, "Lydia's waiting for us in the library," I walked beside him, feeling a bit better. we sat with Lydia and Aiden for the whole lunch hour trying to catch up in Bio. Aiden, of course, had no idea what we were talking about but he stayed and stay with me as I caught up.

AFTER SCHOOL

We were at home with Aiden, Ethan, Scott and Lydia as we were making a plan to stop an armoured car. "This is a really bad plan," Scott said.

"It's not that bad," Lydia said.

"It's not that good," Aiden spoke as he put his arm on my shoulders.

"Guys, we have to do this, we are losing Stiles," Allison said. we all nodded. "Lexi, you should stay back, you're still healing," she told me as I took out my knives and put a wrap around to hold more around my leg.

"There's no way I'm staying behind, Isaac's still hurt so we're down a werewolf," I spoke.

"We have Ethan and Aiden," Scott added.

"And you have me," I said. "I've trained with the best, most brutal teacher and I can help, if we're being honest I'm more skilled than everyone in this room in hand-to-hand combat" Everyone was now looking at me. "I can help," Scott looked to me then to Allison, it was his call if I was going to be benched.

"Okay,"

We went over the plan once more before we all went our separate ways, I on Aiden's bike since I couldn't find my own. Once we were all in our rightful places Aiden started to speak. "Why do you keep pushing yourself?"

"Aiden, Stiles is my closest friend," I told him. "I'm going to do anything to get him back,"

"But it seems that the nogitsune put the biggest target on your back, he's going after you," Aiden said.

"It only becomes problematic if he actually gets to me," I told him, I wasn't prepared to stop trying to save Stiles, no one was. "It's not just Stiles, I want to save its everyone I came here to get to know my sister and this is the life she is part of so that means I'm part of it too and protect her and everyone I've met here, to protect the only people I can call my family." Before he could continue it was our turn to join the fight.

"You have the eyes of an Alpha but where's the strength?" I familiar voice spoke to Scott as Scott was on his knees.

"Up here," Ethan said and the twins jumped and joined the fight but as soon as I recognized the guy as Kincaid I knew they were no match. In a matter of minutes, both of them were on the ground, too weak to get up.

"You are all so weak," He spoke.

"You've haven't fought everyone just yet," I spoke as I made it to the ground using the fire escape. "It's been awhile, Kincaid."

His cold blue eyes focused on me. I pulled out my knives as he spoke. "Pequeno Arquero, I guess you've traded away your bow,"

"Todavia Puedo patearte el culo," I spoke to him.

"peudes?"

"basta de hablar." I was the first to strike, he blocked and it gave me an opening to his left side, easily I glided my knife across his side, I cut deep but I made sure I wasn't going to kill him. He grunted in pain as he reached for me. I was quicker. moving faster than him I got the chance to cut into both of his legs, bringing him to his knees. My first mistake was looking at Scott, breaking the first rule when it comes to battle, 'never take your eyes of your opponent'. Kincaid, of course, knew the rules, his claws stabbed deep into my arm.

I knew better than to scream Allison didn't, she let out a scream and was about to head towards me, I shook my head and stopped her. "Te has vuelto suave, la Abuela estaria tan decepecionada de ti entablando amistad con las que cazas salvando sus vidas deberias haberme matado," he told me as he tightened his hold. I looked into his cold blue eyes, I smiled.

"Araya isn't in charge anymore," I told him, then I jumped and lifted my leg to kick his smug looking face, sending him flying I got him to release my arm while Ethan and Aiden grabbed both of his arms holding him in a tight grip. Aiden was ready to rip his throat out and Scott wasn't going to be able to stop him. "Aiden, Stop!" I shouted in hopes that he would listen.

"We're here to save a life, not end one," Scott said when Aiden stopped reaching for Kincaid's neck.

"We've seen guys like this, they're dangerous," Ethan told him.

"So are we," Scott replied back. He reached into Kincaid's pocket, grabbing the silver finger. "He looks smart enough to remember that," Scott hit the finger on his palm, allowing a small scroll fall out, the key to saving Stiles was in our hands and we were one step closer to winning this battle.