Back to normal

I shot out of bed reaching for someone who wasn't there, I wiped the sweat off my face.

"You okay?" He asked

"Yes I'm fine," I sat right on my bed. "Wait, stiles what are you doing here?"

He was sitting on the chair my bed and as soon as I asked the door crept open. Stiles and I both stood up and walked towards the door. I heard Lydia's voice,

"Stiles just leave it please." She spoke "just come back to bed,"

"I'm going to shut the door," stiles and I spoke at the same time.

"Just forget about it,"

"But what if they get in?" We asked. We got closer to the door and opened it looking at nothing but darkness, we stepped out of the room and the door slammed shut.

At first, there was nothing but darkness but as I continued to walk and I ended up in a room with a stump in the middle, sitting in the stump was Stiles and a man with a wrapped body and they were playing a game I didn't recognize.

"Stiles?" I called out and the wrapped man looked at me and screamed. I covered my ears and my eyes.

"It's just a dream Stiles, wake up stiles. WAKE UP!"

And once more I shot out of my bed and Allison came running into my room.

"Are you okay? Why were you screaming?" She asked with a panicked voice, I reached for my phone without saying a word.

7:45 we were running late for school. I jumped out of bed and walked towards my closet and I threw on the closest out which was a circle skirt and a tank top with the lacrosse team logo displayed on the chest.

"Lexi," she said to me stopping me. I grabbed her hand and looked her in her eyes.

"Allison," I said and pulled her out of my room and towards the elevator.

That's when it started, in the elevator ride, she rubbed her arms like she was freezing and her head was down. The elevator signalled that we were at our stop and when the door opened she walked slower leaving her bag on the ground. I knew the only thing I can do was guide her until she pulls herself out of the nightmare she living while she's awake.

I picked up her bag before following her to the car, I put her in the passenger seat and I started the car, I guess today I was driving.

As soon as I parked in the school parking lot Allison jumped out of the car and ran. "Shit," I mumbled before getting out and running after her.

When I finally caught up with her she was with Lydia who was calming her down. I followed them as they walked to go find Scott and stiles where we found them was outside talking about what was going on with them.

"It's happening to all three of you," Lydia said, I felt Allison stare at me but I kept my eyes on Stiles, who was worrying me the most. I felt it, whatever was going on with him, I saw what's on his mind, the man torturing him. I was so focused on figuring this out I didn't realize they were walking until Scott gently pulled me towards him.

"Look who's no longer the crazy one," Lydia said as we walked into the school.

"We are not crazy!" Stiles told her.

"Hallucinations? Sleep paralysis? Yeah you guys are fine"

"What we did is still affecting us, we have to give it time," Scott said. "For now we look out for one another,"

The bell went and we started walking to our first class, mine was with Stiles and Scott but I didn't move. Stiles walked away but Scott stayed with me.

"Are you okay? You seem distant."

"It's nothing, it was just a dream," I told him before walking to class.

He caught up with me and we walked together, I knew I didn't have to say anything well at least not now. I walked closer to him and he grabbed my hand as we walked to our class. History with Mr.Yukimira, a new teacher.

"Good morning everyone. My name is Mr.Yukimira" he spoke. "I'll be taking over for you previous History teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira or you might not because she's never mentioned anyone from school or brought home a friend for that matter-" we all heard a bang from the back of the class, it came from a girl who banged her head down on her desk. "-Anyways there she is," he finished pointing to her. she slowly lifted her head and smiled at everyone looking at her, her eyes stopped Scott, I felt his heart rate increase. I need to figure out what's going on with me, why am I feeling what everyone else is feeling. I smiled towards her as well before turning back at the front of the class. "Let's begin with American History at the turn of the twentieth century."

I looked at Scott who was looking at his shadow, I put my hand on his. "It's not real Scott," I whispered in his ear. He looked at me. "It's not real."

We stood at Stiles locker as he tried to open it. "Maybe we need a little more time for things the get back to normal."

"Yeah, try not to forget that we reset the button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures, there is a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal" Stiles told him.

"Yeah" Stiles pulled at his lock trying to open it but it didn't work.

I heard him mutter words to himself before I focused my attention on Scott who was looking towards Kira, who was talking to her father at the end of the hall. He looked at me like he was caught for doing something back but I smiled at him to show him that there was nothing wrong. he blinked once then I noticed it.

"Woah, dude, your eyes" I muttered stepping closer to him.

"What about them?" he asked as Stiles looked this way.

"They're starting to glow," Stiles answered.

"You mean right now?"

"Yes right now," I told him.

"Scott stop, stop it"

"I can't, I can't, I can't control it," he spoke with a panicked voice.

"Alright, just keep your head down. Look down." Stiles told him as he covered Scott's head with his arm and backpack as we rushed to an empty classroom. "Come on keep your head down."

I walked behind them and shut the door as I entered. I closed my eyes, this time it was Allison, my hand shook just likes hers did and what she was thinking about haunted me because I haven't thought about her since Mexico. Auntie Kate, Allison replayed her death in her mind and I saw every moment of it and I heard Lydia's voice. "Start over," and the sound of paper ripping, she was in Art class.

"No. Get back, get away from me," Scott yelled pulling me back to reality.

"Scott, it's okay"

"I don't know what's going to happen. Get back," he said. I stepped closer to him.

"Scott, you can do this calm down," I spoke softly. "Find an anchor." He grunted and let out a roar before hitting the ground.

"Scott this isn't just in our heads. this is real and its starting to get bad for me too," Stiles said, "I'm not just having nightmares, I'm having dreams where I have to literally scream myself awake and sometimes I'm not even sure if I'm actually ever waking up."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"Do you know how you can tell if you're dreaming?" Stiles asked.

"You can't read in dreams," I answered.

"More and more, the past few days I've been having trouble reading. It's like I can't see the words, I can't put the letters in order."

"Like even now?"

"I can't read a thing."

I decided it would be better to keep whatever that was happing to myself, they were dealing with too much as it is.