You ate all my chips

It was the start of lunch when I decided to make a very important phone call.

"Please pick up" I mumbled under my breath with my phone held by my ear.

"Hello?" This wasn't Magnus but I knew who it was.

"Alec, why are you answering my uncle's phone?" I asked him.

"Lexi?"

"Yes, Alec, it's Lexi," I told him. "Where's Magnus?"

"Uh in the shower,"

I smiled. "Why are you waiting for Magnus to get out of the shower?"

"It's definitely not what you're thinking, I need his help," he said. "Why are you calling?"

"I need his help," I told him. "I have to go," I told him, I looked at a notification on my phone saying that we were all going to meet up and discuss what the heck was going on. "I'm needed elsewhere."

"Lexi, Let's go," Allison told me, seeing that she was the one to come get me.

"I got to go, Alec," I said, "tell Magnus to call me."

"You got it."

I hung up the phone and followed behind my sister and we walked outside towards the courtyard.

"Okay, so what happens to a person when they experience a near-death experience and come out of it seeing things,"

"And is not able to tell if things are real or not," Stiles added

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison added

"They're all locked up because they're insane," Isaac answered. we all looked towards him but Stiles was the only one to talk.

" Ha, can you at least try and be helpful, please?"

"For most of my life, I was locked up in a freezer so being helpful is kind of a new sensation for me."

"Are you seriously still milking that?"

"Yeah, maybe I am,"

"that's enough you two," I told them as I sat down next to Stiles, opening a bag of chips I went to get at the vending machine, I took one and popped it into my mouth then I offered some to Scott and Stiles, and between the two of them they ate all of them, Stiles looked at me with an innocent smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Hi-" our head snapped to the new voice at the end of the table, "sorry, I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about and I think I might actually know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it, it's called 'Bardo' it literally means 'in-between state' the state being life and death"

"And what do they call you?" Lydia asked, looking up at her.

"Kira," Scott answered making the girls look at him, girls being Allison and Lydia. "She's in our history class,"

"So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddish or Indian?"

Stiles and Scott pushed over making room for Kira but in the process, they pushed me off the bench. "Really guys?" I asked as I looked up at them from the ground. I stood up brushing off whatever dirt that got stuck on my clothes before going to sit with Isaac you graciously gave me a spot to sit.

"Either I guess but all the stuff you were saying? All that happens in Bardo. there are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations, some you see some you just hear and you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"Wrathful Deities?" Isaac asked. "And what are those?"

"Like demons,"

"Demons!" Stiles said in a surprised voice "Why not?"

"Hold on, if there are different progressive states then what's the last one?" Allison and I asked at the same time.

"Death, you die,"

AFTER SCHOOL

I was waiting for Magnus to all when Stiles burst into my bedroom with Scott trailing behind him. "Hey, guys, what are you doing here?" I asked but before he could answer my phone starting ringing, Magnus.

"We need your help," Stiles said before pulling me out of my room and towards the elevator.

"Are you going to answer that?" Scott asked me. I looked down at my phone.

"Uh, no it's not important, I'll call him back later." I shut my phone off and followed Stiles silently.

"It sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you," Dr. Deaton said as soon as we explained whatever happened to Stiles in history class.

"Well, how do I tell my subconscious to use a language I actually know?" Stiles asked as we walking into his back room.

"Do you remember what the sign language looks like?" I asked him as I sat on the table in the middle. "The placement and the movement of the hands,"

"You know sign language?" All three of them asked me.

I nodded, "And Spanish, French, German and a little of Latin."

"Okay, give it a shot," Dr. Deaton told me. I smiled and watched Stiles' hands.

"Okay the first move was like this," he did a hand gesture in front of me. "Then," he did another move. "Then there was this twice," he put his hands together and twisted one back, then his thumb went to his chin as he pushed it towards me. "and this in between that,"

"That's it?" I asked him, he nodded. "'When is a door not a door'?"

"When is a door not a door?"

"When it's ajar," Scott said.

"You're kidding me, a riddle?" Stiles asked. "My subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?"

"Not necessarily when the three of you went underwater when you crossed from unconsciousness to a kind of superconsciousness, you essentially opened the door in your minds" Dr. Deaton explained.

"So what does that mean?" Scott asked. "The door is still open?"

"Ajar,"

"A door into our minds," Stiles said, letting it actually sink in.

"I did tell you it was risky"

"What do we do about it?" Scott asked.

"Well, that's difficult to answer,"

"Oh, no, wait a second I know that looks it's the 'I know exactly what wrong with you but I have no idea how to fix it ' look," Stiles said.

"One thing I do know is that having an opening into your minds like that, It's not good, You each need to close that door," Scott and Stiles walked out of the clinic giving me some privacy, so I could talk to Deaton alone. "So what is it that you want to talk about?"

I scratched my chin and starting to explain the whole part I play in this messed up situation. I told him about the dream I had this morning.

I went home that night with my heart a little less heavy but went I got there, Allison threw me to the ground and held a knife to my neck, "Leave me alone, Kate!" she yelled at me before pressing harder.