Cross Country Meet: On the way

THE NEXT DAY

I sat on the bus in front of Scott and Stiles as they worked on vocabulary and with each bump and jumps during the ride I heard Scott groan from the gash he had on his stomach from the night before. 

"Dude, let me see it." I looked over at them as Stiles asked Scott. 

"I'm okay," Scott said. 

"Dude stop such a baby and let him see it," I told him, looking at Scott.

"Okay." He lifted up his bloody white t-shirt to show us the nasty gash he got from Ennis, the bigger alpha. "It's okay, It just takes longer to heal." 

"Boyd and Isaac look fine," Stiles said and I nodded. 

"It's not okay Scott, you're still bleeding," I told him.

"I'm pretty sure that bleeding means not healing like at all," Stiles said as we hit another bump. Scott groaned, closing his eyes tightly. "That's it I'm telling Coach." 

"I'm okay," Scott told him as another bump made him groan. 

"Okay, How 'bout we call Allison?" I offered. 

"How is she going to help all the way from Beacon Hills?" Scott asked with his eyes still closed. 

"She's not her and Lydia have been following us," Stiles said pulling out his phone and looking back. "Pathetic." He finished as he pressed call on a number.  I kept my eyes on Scott as Stiles talked on the phone with Lydia and my sister. I put my hand on Scotts who had his hand on my seat. "You have no idea what she wants me to do." 

"What?" I asked him. 

"She wants me to get Coach to pull over," Stiles said. 

"Well go get Coach to pull over." His eyes widened. 

"You've met the guy right?" Stiles said and under his breath, I heard him. "you're just like your sister."  I rolled my eyes as he stood up, I stood up and sat next to Scott. 

"Hey," I said to him as he closed his eyes. "Stay awake," I told him as he opened his eyes. 

"I'm tired," he told me.

"I know you are but I can't have you falling asleep and not waking up again," I told him as I grabbed his hand, in a friendly way. 

"Okay."  

Stiles pushed me closer to Scott as he sat down. "I hate him," 

"Figure out a way to stop him without asking him," I  told him, he looked at me with a realization. 

"Lexi, I could kiss you." 

"Do not kiss me." I smiled as he got out of the bench and he walked to Jared, a boy in our class that has car sickness. "Oh no, it is about to smell so gross in here," I told Scott before Jared vomited. I helped Scott up as all the other kids ran from the vomit.  he groaned as I pulled his arm over my shoulder. "I'm sorry but we gotta get you out of this bus." We slowly went down the steps and my sister jumped in to help me. we as stood in the men's restroom as Allison sat Scott in between to sinks. she lifted his shirt to look at his wound.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I heard her asked. 

"I'm sorry."

"Okay, just give us a second, okay? " she said before rising and walking towards me, Stiles and Lydia.  "This shouldn't be happening I've seen him heal from worse than this," she said, I thought of all of the reasons why a werewolf wouldn't heal, I've heard myths about them evolving, or that because of their mental health they wouldn't heal. 

"Okay, so what do we do?" Stiles said. "Do we just call an ambulance?" 

"What if it's too late? what if they can't help?" I asked them.

"We gotta do something," Stiles said.

"You know it can be psychological" Lydia chimed in.

"What do you mean, like psychosomatic?" Stiles asked.

"Somatoformic?" I offered Stiles looked at me.

"Som-"

"A physical illness from a psychogenic cause," I explained and still he looked at me like I was crazy.

"It's all in his head." Lydia simplified.

"All in his head?" Stiles asked himself.

"Because of Derek," I answered him. "He's not letting himself heal 'cause Derek died." 

"So what do we do?" Allison asked, Lydia then pulled something from her bag.

"Stitch him up," she said. "I'm serious, what if he just needs to believe that it's healing" 

I helped Stiles with getting napkins to try and make a cleaner area for Allison to work on. "He's gonna need another shirt where's his bag?" Allison asked as she burned the needle to get rid of any bacteria there is on it. 

"I'll go get it," Stiles said as he ran towards the entrance, he stopped himself before leaving. " uh, do you know what you're doing?"

"Yeah, My father taught me," she said, oh really that must've been nice, I was taught by an old crazy lady to stabbed me with a cooking knife and locked me in a room with only a needle, thread and a lighter when I was ten.

"Okay, but how fast are y-" he stopped himself with another question. "What if the bus tries to leave?" 

"Stop it," I told him, my sister gave me a look telling me to go help him, I silently agreed before walking behind the two that were holding hands to the bus, Lydia and Stiles.

I walked around the rest area while Stiles and Lydia did all the work until I bumped into Boyd who was drawing in a small black book. "Hey, Boyd what are you doing?" I asked him. He quickly closed the book before responding

"Nothing." I reached for the book slowly and when he let me see it, I was amazed by what as inside.

"Wow, Boyd these are amazing," I said flipping through the book. "Is like your plan?"

"Plan?"

"You know. What you want to do in life." I said.

"Maybe." He said shrugging.

"Not, maybe. when? this is truly amazing." I said to him with a smile.  Boyd and I walked together towards Isaac as Stiles explained to him what was happening with Scott. "Stiles, Why on earth would you tell Isaac that?" I asked him. 

"Why?" Stiles asked not knowing that it was going to be a big deal.

"Because of what is now going to happen, No one is going to be able to stop him except for Scott." 

"Stop him from doing what?" Stiles asked as I heard Isaac punch Ethan.

"That," I said