Chapter One

You had been traveling to the Hidden Leaf Village alone for about a week now. Your legs were tired and your back ached from many sleepless nights on the forest floor. All you could think about now was getting into a hot bath and comfy bed.

The journey had been troublesome, crossing dangerous paths and sneaking past groups of thieves.

The quickest route from the Land of Shadows to the Land of Fire was also the most dangerous one.

The chances of getting robbed, kidnapped or murdered were higher than on any other path in the world.

Luckily, your well-worn cloak worked well as camouflage, especially during the night when all you wanted to do was have a peaceful night of sleep.

As you continued down the path, you saw the Konoha Gate in the distance.
You sighed in relief to know your long journey has finally come to an end.

"Halt. State your business." One of the gate keepers commanded.

He eyed you suspiciously, noting the dark hood hiding the upper half of your face. You knew the cloak would be somewhat intimidating to a lot of people, but you couldn't go anywhere without it, your cloak was part of who you were. Besides, there were reasons why you hid the upper half of your face.

You responded to the guard respectfully, pulling several documents out of your pack and handing them to him.

"My name is (Y/N) from the Land of Shadows. I have an accepted internship from the Lady Hokage."

The gate keeper looked over your papers thoroughly, nodding in satisfaction when he found no fealties.

"You're clear. Welcome to Konoha, (Y/F/N)."

You smiled at both of the guards politely as you entered the village.

"I can escort you to the Academy to meet the Hokage, if you'd like." One of the guards offered and you politely accepted. You had never been to the Leaf Village and probably would've ended up getting yourself lost.

The guard gestured for you to follow him, leaving his colleague behind who waved as you both walked away.

"My name is Izumo Kamizuki, I hope you enjoy your time in our village."

You gave him a small smile and looked around the streets, admiring the cheerful atmosphere the people exuded. "It's an honor to be here. I'm so thankful the Hokage accepted my internship."

Izumo nodded in agreement. "So you are from the Land of Shadows, huh? I know it's a fairly new country, what was it like growing up there?"

Your expression suddenly turned dark, a negative aura hanging over you like a dark cloud.

"It was... not the best childhood." You said slowly.

The gate guard noticed the change in your mood, quickly trying to change the subject.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Anyways, what made you want to become a teacher?"

You shrugged and sighed, feeling another headache forming. Everytime you recalled your past, a throbbing ache would drum behind your eyes, making concentration difficult.

"I guess I wanted to help other people. Especially children, to make sure they are raised the right way." You responded, pinching the bridge of your nose to quell some of the pain.

Izumo gave you a sympathetic look, noticing your growing uncomfortableness. "That's a very kind reason. I'm sorry if my question earlier was too personal. I understand that we all have bones in our closets."