Maybe I am early!
I thought.

Anands was a powerful family in the town, not just financially. They had connections all around for the work they did for the well-being of the society.

So the lack of crowd came to me as a surprise. But then going by the most familiar member of the family I knew I would be in for a lot of surprises by the end of the night.

I could see some faces here and there but none familiar.

I moved to the inside of house as I wasn't sure where they were conducting the function.

A text message from Snehadi notified me that they would reach in ten minutes.

The place was beautiful with a really homely touch. It didn't give the vibe of money but of family.

I glanced around to spot any familiar face when someone tugged at my hands downward.

I glanced down to see the adorable face of Krish.

"Hey! You look smart! "

I shuffled his hair leaning down to his height.

"Hey beautiful! "

He gave me a playful smile.

"Are you looking for someone? "

"Woh! I don't know anyone around. So I was looking for anyone familiar."

He nodded at me seriously.

"So.. Who all do you know? "

"OK! So I know you, your sister, Advik and Atharv." I said while counting the numbers with my fingers.

"Only that much!?! But our whole family know you. " He gave it a dramatic touch.

"I know your family baba but I haven't met anyone else." I said sheepishly.

"Oho then I will introduce you to everyone?" He was excited.

And he began dragging me away from the room to the garden in the backyard.

"Come on! "

He was excited to get me introduced. His actions compelled me to believe Adviks's words from the other night when he said that children loved me.

I was soon in front of a lady who resembled the little guy dragging me.

Guessing her to be Advik's elder sister I greeted.

"Hy! Namaste! I am Sria! I.. "

She cut me before I could complete,

"Hi Sria!I know who you are! "

"You know? "

"It's not everyday that my brother get impressed by a girl you see. Moreover that girl somehow managed win over the hearts of my little ones! "

I didn't know whether I should be embarrassed or flattered with her compliment.

However it became clear that she was friendly. But not suffocating.

"No need to be embarrassed. I was teasing you. But yes Advik spoke highly of you. So we were all excited to meet you. "

I gave her a shy smile. She gave me a quick hug. The gesture seemed so natural to her but surprised me at her familiarity. To think of it I was practically a stranger nonetheless.