The Voice

Priscilla's POV

" So this was today's lesson. I hope you guys enjoyed studying with me." I said to the class. Everyone nodded smilingly. I felt so contented as a teacher when I saw everyone smiling widely. I smiled back at them.

" Bye, students. Will see you next week." I said as I came out of the class.

" Mr. Prinslo, Mr. Prinslo." I heard Keira and I turned to her.

" Yes, Keira?" I asked.

" Your pen. You forgot it there." She said smilingly.

" Oh, thank you so much." I said patting her head.

" Pristyne!!" I saw Kyra.

" Yes, Kyra?" I said.

" When will we practice today?" She asked me.

Though I wasn't feeling well today I didn't want to disappoint these cuties. I smiled at them.

" This evening." I said.

" Ok. Let's go, Keister, it's history time." Kyra said to Keira and I chuckled. I don't know why she keeps calling Keira as Keister. Kids and their world!!!

" Ok, see you in the evening." I said to them.

" Bye." They left for their class.

I was walking back to the teachers room. I saw Ms. Brown but I was least interested in talking to her. I started to check the newspaper. Just then Ms. Nessman came and told that the principal is calling all of us. I stood up to reach there and found Ms. Brown glaring at me. I don't care about her stupid glaring at all. As we reached aunt Edna's room she walked passed me and almost pushed me away. I kept a safe distance from her so that she can't reach me.

" Good morning, Mrs. Williams!!" Ms. Brown said.

" Good morning. Have a sit." She said. I pulled a chair and sat peacefully.

" How is everything going?" Aunt Edna asked.

" Everything is going good, Ma'am." I let Ms. Brown talk to aunt Edna.

" Great then. Are students ok with their lessons?" Aunt Edna asked.

" They are just standard 6th students have a complained against Mr. Prinslo that he talks unnecessarily much." She said and aunt Edna look at me.

" Ms. Brown, can I talk to those particular students who have complain against me?" I asked her.

" Umm...yeah...sure." she said.

" Can I have their names, Ms. Brown? I want to talk to them right now." Aunt Edna said.

" Umm... It's their class time, ma'am. Can we talk to them later?" Ms. Brown said.

" No, I want to talk to them now. If they miss the lecture I will tell the teacher to take an extra class for them. But give me the names." Aunt Edna said.

" I ...umm.." she was shuttering. I knew she was lying. But I didn't make a scene here and it won't be appropriate to get her insulted here.

" Ma'am, can we will solve it by ourselves? May be there is a misunderstanding. I will talk to the students. I will try to settle down this matter peacefully. If not then we might tell you about it, what do you say, Ms. Brown?" I asked. Ms. Brown looked at me and I nodded.

" Yeah, ma'am. We will try to settle it down by ourselves. Then we will report you." She said.

" Alright then. But I would still love to talk to them. If you guys think you can handle it then let it be. But if there is still any problem just let me know." She said.

" Sure ma'am." Ms. Brown said.

" Then Ms. Brown you can come now. I have something important to discuss with Pristyne." Aunt Edna said.

" Sure, ma'am. I will just leave." She said and left at once.

" Wasn't she lying?" Aunt Edna said.

" I am sure about that." I said.

" Why did you stop me from making her taste her own medicine?" Aunt Edna asked me.

" It won't be a good thing to do. She might not like me but she helps me a lot." I said.

" You know lying is a sin and you are a bad liar." She said and I chuckled.

" May be but I just don't want to insult her. May be she will get her lesson now. If not then we might help her next time." I said winking at her and she chuckled.

I talked with Ms. Brown later. It was a long day. I came back home in the afternoon and saw Dany laying on the couch.

" Hey!!! You didn't have lunch yet?" I asked him as he was still in his school uniform.

" I am so tired." He said.

I sighed. This boy!!! Sometimes he acts all matured sometimes like a kid. I quickly washed my hands and face then went to the kitchen. I served lunch for both of us.

" Come on have lunch." I said to him.

" I don't want to have lunch." He said and I glared at him.

" Have lunch silently." I said.

" Nope." He said. I sighed.

" Open your mouth." I said and tried to feed him. He looked at me irritatedly but opened his mouth. I chuckled inwardly. He made a face.

" What happened?" I asked him.

" Nothing." He said.

" Tell me already." I said.

" You are acting like my mom. Mom also used to be so stubborn. She never ever used to listen to me when I would say I won't eat. Then she would feed me like you are doing. You have some of her qualities." He said and I smiled. I patted his head and he chuckled. 

" Have lunch. You shouldn't skip it. Your exam is near. I don't want you fall sick in between your exams. You need to do well." I said to him.

" Yeah, I remember. I have something to tell you." He said.

" What is it?" I asked him.

" I got registered your name for The Voice." He said.

" What?!!" I asked him.

" Yes." He said.

" Why did you put my name?!!" I asked him.

" Because you are worthy of it. You can win, Prist." He said.

" Nope. I can't. I am not that talented." I said.

" You are." He said.

" No. I am not that confident as well." I said.

" You are." He said.

" I can't." I said.

" Just go and attend the audition. For me. Please?" He said and I sighed.

" Just audition, right?" I asked him.

" Yes, just audition." He said.

" I think I can do that." I said. He hugged me and I patted his back.

" Thank you, thank you, thank you, Prist. Thank you so much." He said.

I took a deep breath. I think I can do it. It's not a big deal. It's just a song just a few minutes. I can face it. I can. I nodded myself.