Chapter Twenty three

Aubrey Dawson

I turned around. I can't find Jason. I hurriedly find him. I looked in the bathroom. There's no sign he's in here. I went out and i was shocked. I can't believe what I just saw. A strong body just laid on the stairs. I refused to believe that was Jason. I came closer and that was Jason, helpless. I speechless. My eyes were starting to watering. I couldn't stop crying. I can't think straight. I can't even stand to call someone. All ever I done was crying beside him.

Then, the front door was opened. It was Alex. He looked at me surprisedly. He ran faster towards us. He called the ambulance and after a few minutes, the ambulance arrived and took him to the hospital. When we arrived at the hospital, the nurses calmed me down because I refused to leave Jason. Alex was there, hugging me tightly. Telling me everything's gonna be alright. Then, the doctor asked for the id and details about Jason. Alex gave the details.

Suddenly, my sights became blurred. My body felt so weak. The last thing I saw was Alex came approached me.

I opened my eyes and I realised I was in one of the hospital's bed. There was a needle in my hand because of the water. I looked at the couch. It was Alex. He looked so tired. He came to me as soon as I moved. His eyes were red. Looks like he hadn't a sleep.

"You want some water? ."

"No. Alex, how's Jason? ."

"He's fine and asleep now. He wants to meet you but I didn't let him because of his condition. He worries about you."

"Thank god, he's okay."

"Good morning, Mrs. Dawson." An average lady came in with a wide smile.

"I'm not ma- ." Alex looked at me and gave a signal to play along.

"How are you feeling? ."

"Feeling good."

"Well, that's good. I wanna tell you why were you fainted yesterday. It's because you're pregnant. Your pregnancy is still early."

"I'm pregnant? ."

"Yes, did you know that? Well, if you don't know, congratulations on your pregnancy. If anything, just call me or any staffs here." Then, she went out.

Alex looked at me with happy face. His reaction. I can tell that he's so happy because he'll be uncle. I don't know what to say. I always love kids and I wanted kids one day but I'm not expecting this soon. I'm tearing up.

"Hey, what's wrong? Aren't you happy? ."

"I just don't know. I- I'm so happy because this baby in belly is Jason's but how i can handle this? ."

"Hey hey, look at me. You're going to fine."

"What about Jason? Will he be happy? ."

"You fool. You're his fiancé. Of course he'll be happy to have kids with you. What are you thinking? ." He chuckled. Hearing that made me feel better. The thing that I'm afraid was, how was my baby going to survive in this world. McCann's world. I want my baby got raised in the safe world. Without any enemy and threats.

The next day, Alex helped me to discharge from the hospital. Got all the right medicines and vitamins. While that, I walked up to Jason's room. I opened the door and peaked a little bit. I looked at him. He was sleeping on the bed. So peaceful. I don't want to wake him up so I slowly walked to him and sat beside him. I held his hand. He's getting better. I'm so grateful. I know I shouldn't asked him to go outside did a shopping with me. I kissed his forehead. As soon as I started to walk, he pulled my hand.

"Stay." He said and smiled widely at me.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's fine. I didn't sleep anyway. Stay with me, baby."

I sat down and spent the whole day with him. I talked a lot but I didn't tell him about our little yet. At least not now. I don't know how to react. I'm only 16 years and this year I'll turn 17 and yet I'm a someone's fiancé and pregnant. How can I actually process that? I can't think straight. I just need to clear my head and calmed the fuck down. Don't panic. I'll tell him all of this when I'm ready.

"Baby, you should go home and rest."

"Don't want. I want to stay here with you."

"You'll listen to me. I'll be fine here. You need to rest."

"Alright but I'll come again tomorrow morning."

"Okay. Take care, baby."

I smiled. I went home with Alex. He stayed at home with me while the boys stayed at the hospital. I was so glad that he was fine and nothing serious happened to him. I threw myself on the bed and rested my head on the pillow. I felt empty. The news about having a little baby in me made me lose my mind. My mind was messed. I took a hot shower and went to deep sleep.

The next morning, I went to the hospital by myself. I just wanna clear my mind out and took a fresh air. I knew Alex was gonna to scold me for being alone without any protection. Jason probably gonna be so damn mad. I felt like I was free from Jason. I could simply bought a flight ticket and went back home. Left everything behind but I just couldn't do that and I don't know why.

I pushed the door of his ward. He wasn't there on his bed. I started to panic. I knew I shouldn't be panic but I just couldn't help myself from that. Then, I heard a soft yet a gentleman voice from my back.

"Baby, what are you doing here so early?."

"Jason, where were you? I was so worried."

"I was using the toilet. Where's Alex? ."

"Umm, I'm- ."

"Are you here by yourself? Are you crazy, Aubrey? What did I told you? You can't be alone?! ." His voice raised. I was afraid. I kept silent.

"Answer me, Aubrey! ." He started using my real name.

"Yes, I'm here by myself. I just need to clear my mind out."

"We're gonna talk about this later. Wait here. I want to settle my discharge and get my medicine."

Alex arrived at the hospital after 10 mins later. Jason called him and let him know that I'm at the hospital. Alex seemed pretty worried and i felt guilty for doing this to him. He was supposed to take care of me. Alex drove us away back to home. Now, it was just two of us in the house. Me and Jason.

"Are you gonna tell me what is going on, baby? ."

Fuck.