107 |

Addison Waters
December 31st
11:50pm

I shut the front door once Ethan had stepped in, taking off my coat and tossing it on the couch.

He had slept for a while in the car, so he had come down from his high enough for us to have a conversation, one with him actually being aware that it's me.

I took a seat on the floor in front of coffee table and tv. Writing down a few important dates on my agenda. I use this mostly for school and work, in case I ever get a short side job.

Ethan grabbed the remote off of the coffee table, I peered up at him, to which he didn't return the look. I fixated my eyes on his eyes, they weren't as red as before.

The tv soon caught my attention, once I'd heard all of the crackling sounds. I checked to see he'd put on the fireplace channel.

I smiled at him, which he took as an invitation to take a seat on the floor in front of me.

He huffed,
"I'm sorry ,"

I shrugged,
"It's okay, I know we're in a relationship but I don't control you. I shouldn't have gotten upset."

He scoffed,
"Come on addy," he took my hands in his,
"You've told me before how New Years is always crap for you, then you planned a nice night for us. And I of course had to suggest we go to some shitty party instead."

"It was an old friend of yours, sure I didn't have a good time but it's fine. We're together all the time anyways,"

"Not for long...I'm leaving in a couple of days," he made a long face.

I sighed,
"Please don't remind me."

There was a moment of silence, until he broke it with his soft voice.
"I'm sorry again, I'll understand if you want to put the whipped cream on hold for tonight."

I chuckled, to which he cracked a smile.
"I knew you couldn't stay serious for long."

"Hey, I got you to smile."

"Yeah, yeah." I yawned, beginning to stand up

"Woah woah woah, where do you think you're going?" He cocked up a brow, tugging at the fabric of my leggings.

"To bed, it's been a long night and it's too late to take a shower. I want to wake up bright and early so I can wash off the college boy smell." I cringed.

"Oh boy, was I really gone for that long?"

"Oh yeah, you were too high to notice." I grinned, crossing my arms while I sat back down.

"Did anything-"

"Are you crazy? The most action I got was the cheating gossip from some girl."

"Let me guess, Katherine?"

I sat silent for a moment,
"You've crashed way too many college parties."

He laughed,
"And let too many heartbroken girls fall for the Dolan charm." He leaned back, a cocky grin applied to his face.

"Here we go again.."

"What?"

"The Dolan charm." I mimicked.

"Don't blame me, I learned all that shit from Scott."

"Okay, I really don't like Scott but don't try and blame this on him." I teased.

He playfully rolled his eyes, until they landed on the clock.

12:00am

He scooted closer to me and smiled once our faces were parallel with one another.

I felt my heart skip a beat, even though this was a familiar feeling, it's our first New Years kiss.

"10," he started,

"9,"

"8,"

"7.."

-

"1." He smiled, tightening his grip on my hands.

"Happy New Years, baby."
I whispered.

"Happy New Years."
he huskily replied.

His hand met with the back of my neck, the other resting on my cheek.

He pressed his lips against mine gently, before he started to really get into it.

It felt like fireworks were surrounding us, and it was odd when we started to hear them going off outside.

We both pulled away, our attention pointed towards the window, where we saw all sorts of different coloured fireworks.

"Do you think it'll be a good one?" He turned to me,
"There's not a doubt in my mind."