28 |

Addison Waters

"Thank you for covering my shift, I'll see you Friday!"

"No worries, See you then!" I smiled, waving her off.

That's Nancy, she's one of my co-workers at Chic. It's a clothing store, I'm not really interested in it but the job is easy and I'm getting paid so I'm not complaining.

Ethan said he would pick me up, not really sure why, he just wanted to do a
"Kind gesture" which I don't mind, walking or taking the bus back home really sucks, At least for me.

"You ready?"

"Yeah Ethan just wait,"

I looked up from my phone to see Grayson..

"Ethan?" He asked, clearly very confused.

"Uh-"

"Either you just confused us both because we're twins, or something's going on?"

"No! Um- not at all, I just confused you two cause we all hung out at the movies," I chuckled, a little too much.. I hope it didn't reak of fakeness..

"Well okay, but that was a while ago.." he lightly laughed.

"Gray, it's really nothing, your voices just sound very familiar," I convinced, as I walked over to the passenger side of his car.

"You think so?" He asked, while jingling his keys.

"Yeah, do you not?"

"No ones ever really said anything." He shrugged.

"Oh," he nodded.

"Well this conversation is getting old, let's head home!"

He chuckled, "Well alright,"

Before he could unlock his car door, he drops his keys.

I sighed and stood there impatiently.
"Addy?" Someone called out, I quickly realized it wasn't just someone, and nearly shit myself.

"Ethan..! Um, hi, what're you doing here..?"

I tried to give him a look of,
"Don't say anything dumbass Grayson's here and he'll get suspicious" but clearly that didn't click in his peanut sized brain.

"I was going to pick you up?"

Grayson looked at me, very confused.

"Why did you lie to me?" Was all he said.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself.

"I-I didn't- look, E offered to pick me up because he said he'd be in the area anyways and I didn't wanna tell you because you know him and I have.. history, and I thought you'd suspect something and not trust me,"

He shut his eyes and sighed,
"Addison, I wouldn't have suspected anything if you just told me the truth, the fact that you lied about it makes me think something is up."

"Well nothing is up, I promise, Ethan has a girlfriend anyways," I quickly blurted out, before widening my eyes and mentally slapping myself in the face.

"He does?"

"Ethan," I fake smiled.

"Tell him all about her!"

"Right! Uh- her-her name is uh, c-Claire! Yeah, she's gorgeous man, and in bed-"

"Okay, that's all I need to know," he laughed.

"Uh, but happy for you dude! I know you're relationship with Ciara was pretty toxic.."

"Yeah, just glad I have my new sugar plum honey cakes." Ethan stared at me while speaking. I bit down on my tongue to hold myself back from laughing.

"Glad you, have that..." Grayson spoke.

"Were just gonna get on going now," I spoke up, turning to Grayson to see him giving me a 'thank you' look, and I can't blame him, this conversation was getting awkward, more for me than him, but he doesn't know that.

-

"Sugar plum honey cakes?" I questioned, while I laughed between my words.

"It was the first thing that came to my mind okay!"

"Ethan- sugar plum, honey cakes."

"What? Do you like it? Cause I could start calling you that."

"I'll have to pass on that."

"Really? Damn. I thought it was a cute ass nickname,"

"Maybe for Claire,"

"Yeah thanks to you for that." He groaned on the other line.

"I'm sorry! I was trying to make it seem convincing!"

"You know, maybe it's just us."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we keep assuming everyone thinks we're like, a thing, when in reality, nobody has a clue, it's all in our heads."

"Well we did kinda have a thing before, so of course we would be curious,"

"Yeah but that's not what I mean, what if we just genuinely feel right together? And that's why we assume everyone else feels it too?"

I gulped and looked down at my lap, shocked at the sudden change of topic.

"You there?-"

"Ethan, do you ever just think that maybe I'm not that into you?"

"What?"

"I mean, I'm literally in a relationship with your brother and you still manage to flirt with me and try to get with me, we've talked about this a million times but you still don't seem to get it."

"Why are you getting so mad? Did you forget that you're the one that keeps lying to him about our little hang outs? Not saying they mean anything, at least not anymore. But, if you truly didn't feel shit towards me, you wouldn't lie to him."

"I-"

"I'm sick of these games addy, I try to be nice and still be there for you but it's too damn hard, you know that Ive had feelings for you, Ive told you on multiple occasions. And I feel that you feel something for me too, not sure why you're always denying it, but I hope you can make up your mind and decide what you want, because I'm not gonna keep putting myself through this, it hurts."

"Ethan, I'm sorry- I-I didn't know you felt that way, but I'm with your brother I-"

"Why is that your favourite excuse to use? Because Ive been thinking about something, you only started to get closer to Grayson while I was getting closer with Ciara,"

"Do you really like him? Or is he just a toy you use to make me jealous?"