40 |

Addison Waters

I came out from the back and pushed the rack full of clothes into the centre of the store, setting up a new rack.

"Addison could you go help that man in the front?" I heard threw my headpiece.

"Sure." I spoke, a bit confused, a guy shopping in a women's clothing store? Not an everyday thing, but he's probably shopping for a special someone.

I put down the pile of clothes I was holding, setting them down and walking over to the front.

"Hello sir could I help you with anything?"

As I said the last part, I had finally looked up at him and saw it was Grayson.

"Oh-" I spoke.

He looked at me quite stunned, and shocked.

He cleared his throat, crossing his arms.
"Didn't know you worked today.."

"I work almost everyday,"

He nodded, continuing to point all of his attention onto the clothes, refusing to look at me.

"So.. need any help?"

"Anyone else working?"

"Just me.." I mumbled.

He sighed,
"I'm looking for a dress for my-this girl I'm seeing."

"Oh, alright. Well did you have anything particular in mind?"

"I don't know anything about girls clothes, just pick out something you think is nice," he shrugged.

I slowly nodded, and turned on my heel to look for something.

-

I walked back over to him holding a tight fitted cocktail dress, it was all black with a dip down in the chest area, making room for lots of cleavage.

"Here ya go," I held it up to him, trying to read his thoughts by his facial expression.

"It's nice," he nodded, as he took it from me.

"Yeah I'll get it." He finally said.

"Perfect," I smiled.

"I'll check you out at the cash over there," I spoke as I grabbed the dress, and pointed to the register.

He nodded and followed me over.

I scanned the dress and grabbed a bag for him, making sure to fold it nicely.

"That'll be $64.95."

He held up his card, letting me know his method of payment, before typing it into the machine.

He pulled it out swiftly, sliding it back into his wallet.

I waited for his bill to print out, before taking it out and handing it to him.
"All set," I smiled, handing him the bag as well.