26 |

Addison Waters

"I wish I could just cuddle with you for the rest of my life." He mumbled, his words were a bit muffled, due to his face being smushed against the pillow.

"Trust me, baby, I do too." I smiled, as I rested my hand on his cheek, admiring his features. His eyes would shut every once in a while, and then flutter back open, I found it so adorable.

"It's pretty early, you didn't have to get up at the same time as me," I chuckled.

"I wanted to say goodbye,"

"Grayson, you and me both know a 'goodbye' to you is a full on make out session."

"I wanna savour your touch before we depart," he spoke, as his hand slowly moved onto my waist, I shivered at the touch, but quickly consumed comfort in him. He pulled me closer to him in a swift motion, tilting his head to the side.

I covered my mouth and backed away,
"1, I didn't brush my teeth yet, and 2, I have to get ready,"

He groaned and threw his arms up, resting them behind his head.

I walked over to the chair in my room and picked up my bra, watching myself in the mirror to make sure I got it on right.

"So who are you meeting with for breakfast again?" He tiredly asked.

"Sarah, she's one of my new co-workers."

"Ah that's right, I forgot."

"Which reminds me, we still have to pick out a restaurant to celebrate," he smiled at me in the mirror.

"Celebrate what?"

"You getting the job!!"

"It's just a job in retail, nothing special." I mumbled the last part, as I put my necklace on.

"Baby you've been trying for months, it's very special, and we are celebrating."

"Fine.."

He smiled and got out of bed, coming up behind me. His hands held onto my waist, as he rested his chin on my shoulder, looking at my outfit through the mirror.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you." I smiled, and put my hand on top of his.

I turned around and kissed him on the cheek,
"I'm gonna go take a shower, I'll see you when you get back?"

"Yeah, probably around noon, I'll text you when I'm close."

"Alright, lov-I mean uh see you soon, baby.."

-

I slowly walked out of the apartment complex as I typed on my phone.

Addison: I'm out, where are you?
Read, at 8:45am.

I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone back into my bag, as I crossed my arms and waited on the sidewalk.

About 10 minutes later, I saw the car pulling up.

"Finally," I mumbled.

I hopped into the car and threw my purse in the back.

"Hey e,"

"Hey, where we heading?" He asked, as he began to drive off

"Anywhere,"

"Anywheres not a place."

"It technically is,"

"True, if you made up your mind and told me a place it would become somewhere."

I chuckled,
"How do our conversations become so weird this quickly?"

"I guess we're just meant for each other," he spoke in a sarcastic tone, as he shrugged.

"You're right, why don't we go elope??"

"Great idea, now we have a place to go!"

I threw my head back as I laughed,
"God, we're dumb."

"Speak for yourself," he mumbled.

"Hey!"

"Sorry, had to let you know somehow,"

"You're an ass."

"Thank you, but anyways. How'd Grayson take it?"

I looked at him in confusion,
"Us hanging out?"

"Oh! Um- that he doesn't know-"

"You didn't tell him? Oh god, what lame excuse did you come up with this time?" He joked.

"It wasn't lame!" I chuckled,
"I told him I was meeting up with my co-worker Sarah, for breakfast."

"Ok well, if you put the pieces together you didn't really lie, you're hanging out with your EX co-worker, and his name is Ethan not Sarah, and I don't even know what we're doing today, but probably not getting breakfast."

"You're not hungry?"

"Nah, I ate a girl out this morning."

My mouth hung open as I sat there in silence,
"I'm kidding!"

"Are you hungry?" He smirked.

"Not really, can we go to the mall?"

"Oh my.."

"What?"

"It's a miracle! She made up her mind!"

"I hate you so much."

He chuckled, "We both know that's not true, or else you wouldn't have begged me to hangout with you today."

"Okay I did not beg you, I simply asked once, to which you replied yes."

"Wait, I just realized something.. you mentioned a new co-worker to Grayson? As a cover up? Does that mean you got the job?"

I shut my eyes as I sighed,
"Fuck.. yes. I wanted to tell you in a more exciting way." I frowned.

"Just telling me is exciting enough addy!!" He smiled.

"Are you mad I didn't tell you first?"

"Well it would've been nice, but no, knowing is enough."

I chuckled,
"I'm gonna buy you something expensive." He blurted out.