Chapter 14: BEN

"Uh..."

My eyes widen. Everyone is standing in my doorway.

"Um.. I can explain. I decided to remodel and the fastest wat to get rid of the door was to throw it out the window." I explain quickly, nodding along with my story. I twirl my scarf in my fingers. Mom crosses his arms.

"Yeah, right. What happened?" Mom asks.

"Uh... well. I was trying to suppress the claws and a weird blast came from my hands and blew the door off." I quickly answer. "Shit..."

A wave of laughter washes over me. I try to stifle the laughter. Does not work. I burst out in a fit of laughter, falling to the floor.

"Why are you laughing?" Mom asks.

"I... don't *laugh* know!" I yell. My laughter soon dies down. I wipe away black tears. I stand up, walking past the people before me. I sit on the couch, cross legged, next to BEN. I look over.

He is wearing the outfit I made for him. My eyes widen. I quickly pull my white hood over my face.

BEN glances over at me, before looking back at the screen.

"Are you okay?" He asks. My eyes widen. I quickly push the hood of my face.

"Yeah, f-fine. Why do you ask?" I ask. He chuckles. My face is overcome in heat and butterflies swirl in my stomach.

"You looked like you were getting ready to have a panic attack." He explains. The air around him is knowing. I sigh.

"I had one earlier. I should be fine until the morning." I explain.

(A.N: If you are confused. These characters are nocturnal. Awake all night, sleeping during the day.)

"I wish I could be as calm as you are after a panic attack." He mumbles. I sigh, standing up. I brush myself off.

I haven't talked to Toby in a while, let's go see him. I trot over his door, knocking our secret code.

"(Y/N)..?" A voice chokes out from inside.

My eyes widen. I quickly run inside, closing the door behind me. Toby is curled up in the corner, holding his head. His eyes are wide. His mask and goggles are on his bed. I quickly run to his side.

"What's wrong, Tics?" I ask. He groans out in pain. "Tics?"

"(Y/N)... The voices... they're too... much." He mutters, clutching his head tighter. He draws blood. My eyes widen.

I pull Toby into my lap. He relaxes on my touch. He clutches my shoulder, crying. I pet his head, soothing him.

I whisper sweet nothings into his ear, calming him. I lower the tension in the air. Toby falls asleep in my arms.

I smile, slumber pulling me into it's clutches.

~

I open my eyes, a large weight on my chest. I look down. Toby is curled up in my lap, sleeping peacefully. Light pours in through the windows. I pet Toby's head, smiling.

I pick Toby up, carrying him to his bed. I gently lay him down, pull off his shoes and hoodie. I hang up his hoodie, setting his shoes by the door. I pull the blanket over him. I move his goggles and mask to his side table.

Toby smiles in his sleep. I smile, walking out. I close his bedroom door quietly behind me. I exhale, walking into the living room. I yawn, rubbing my eyes. I smear the black tears every where. I lay down in front of the couch on the floor, relaxing. My eyes are gently closed, soaking in the sun's rays.