Chapter 10: Dolls, Lexi and Mark

I decide to do something I hadn't done in a long time. I was laying on the cold hardwood floor in the living room. I feel a foot tap my arm. I look up, Jill stands over me.

"Why are you laying on the floor?" She asks. I sigh.

"Laying on the floor helps me think. Is the floor cold to you?" I ask. She reaches down and touches it.

"Yeah... it's cold, like always. Why?" She asks. I roll my eyes.

"I guess that when my DNA was changed, it fixed my temperatures. Cold things feel cold again." I explain. She smiles.

"Cool." She explains, walking away.

I stand up, walking into my room. I sit on my bed, pulling out my doll making supplies.

~Third Person POV

Everytime (Y/N) finishes a doll, she lays it in a random spot around the the house.

Sally picks up her doll. She runs up to Toby.

"Toby, look! This doll looks exactly like me! Isn't she pretty?" Sally asks. Toby nods.

"I w-wonder where th-they came f-from." Hoodie ponders aloud, holding his doll.

"I know who they came from!" Laughing Jill calls.

"WHO?" Everyone asks in unison. She smiles, motioning them to follow her. Everyone follows. Jill leads them to a dark blue door with snowflakes painted on it. The word (Y/N) is written on it in fancy lettering. She gently pushes it open.

Inside sits (Y/N), holding a Jill doll. She pulls the needle away from the doll's body, severing the thread. She looks up at them. A small smile rests in her face.

She stands up, walking over to Jill. She places the doll gently in her hands, before moving to work on the next doll.

~

Two new dolls sit in front of (Y/N). Everyone had gathered around to watch her craft her beautiful dolls. A soft smile resting on her face the entire time.

One doll has soft (H/C) fuzz resting on the top of it's head, (E/C) buttons sewn into the face for eyes. It wore a simple blue shirt and a pair of black cargo shorts. It wore a stitched on blue bracelet.

The other doll has soft (H/C) fuzz rolling down it's back, (E/C) buttons for eyes. It wore a simple deep magenta shirt and black shorts. A dark blue headband rested in the fuzz on it's head.

She picks up both the dolls gently. She grins at the dolls. She walks out of her bedroom, the other pastas following. She arrives at the front door.

Suddenly, it swings open. Jeff and Eyeless Jack strut in, two teens in tow. (Y/N) smiles, extending the dolls to the teens. They look up at the girl, slightly confused. They take the dolls, looking them over.

The dolls resemble their holders exactly. They look up at the unusual girl, surprised. They immediately recongnize the craftsmanship. They hug the unusual girl, remembering her.

"(Y/N)? Is it really you?" The girl, obviously older asks. She nods, a soft smile covering her face. He touches the black tar like substance on her face. "What is this? And what's wrong with your eyes? Why do you have slits carved into your face?"

~Back to normal POV

My siblings wrap their arms around me after I give them their dolls. I stay silent.

"(Y/N)? Is it really you?" Lexi asks.

A strong feeling of relief clings to the air around her. I could sense her running with Mark. I could sense their relief from miles away. Then, again... I always knew where they were. Lexi pushes me back, examining my body for injuries. She touches the black tears on my face.

"What is this? And where are your eyes? Why do you have slits carved into your face?" She asks.

I sigh, smiling softly.

"It's a long story." I answer quietly. Lexi looks me over.

"What's wrong?" She asks. I shake my head, looking up at her.

"Nothing at all." I answer, black tears falling down my face. She hugs me, making me want to collapse in her arms and pour my heart out. But, I don't.

I wipe my face and pull away from the hug. I stop my lip from quivering. I turn to my brother. I wave gently.

"Hey." I greet.

He smiles softly, before throwing himself onto me. Tackling me to the ground, he holds me close to him. I giggle, holding onto him. I groan. He quickly scrambles off me, eyes wide.

"I'm so sorry. Are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you." He quickly worries. I shake my head, chuckling. I rub the back of my neck.

"It's okay, I'm just... sensitive. I've gained a few... battle scars." I explain carefully.

"What happened?" He asks.

I smile, sitting up. I gently remove the black hoodie I stole from daddy. I move my black tank top out of the way, revealing the white bandages.

"What did they do?" Lexi growls. I grab her leg, clinging to it like a monkey. She calms down instantly.

"It was Angelica! She shot me in the shoulder. They didn't do... much..." I explain, mumbling.

"What did they do?" She asks, still hostile. I clutch her leg tighter.

"Nothing was their fault. It was my carelessness. I knew that my DNA was sensitive. I just seemed to... forget." I mumble again. She grabs my shoulder.

"What the hell, (Y/N)! You knew your DNA was easy to manipulate! That's why you were all... blue... What happened to your skin?!" She yells. I look down.

Instead of it's soft blue, patches of it were gray and others white. It looked like pigment. I sigh. I stand up, brushing myself off.

I pull my daddy's hoodie back on. I shove my hands in my pockets.

"Where do you think you are going?!" She yells. I stop walking.

"I'm going to my room to play video games. Wanna join, BEN?" I ask. He nods, signaling that he'll be up in a second. I walk into my bedroom, gently closing the door.

I turn around just as BEN climbs out of my TV. I smile picking up the controller. BEN shakes his head, holding up a new game. I quickly snatch it away from him.

Just Dance

I tilt my head in confusion. I blink twice before looking up at BEN.

"What's this?" I ask. He chuckles, sliding it into my Wii.

"You follow the movements the screen tell you to do. It's a dancing game." He explain. I grin widely.

"I'ma kick your ass." I tell him confidently.

"I'd like to see you try." He challenges.