》36. Live a little《

Chapter 36: Live a little

Aiden's POV

"Oh come on!"

I glanced over at Caiden and couldn't help but chuckle. He lost another round on temple run.

"You want something to eat?" He asked and stood up.

I shook my head and he left the room. Vivian's room. I glanced over at her and then around the room. Birthday balloons littered the floor and cards lay on the table beside her bed. All from Dylan.

It has been two weeks. Two weeks with Vivian in the hospital.

She missed her own birthday.

Today was also the day that we had first met, three months ago. I spent two months with her and that's all it took for me to fall in love with her. 

I placed her hand in between both of mine and kissed her palm.

"I miss you, Princess."

Vivian didn't move and a little more hope inside me died.

She was getting better though, and that flared the hope inside me again. Her head gauze was gone and her fractured nose was better. She still had the right side of her face bandaged up because of her broken jaw but at least the face mask was gone. She could breathe on her own now.

Dr. Johnson said she was healing really well. Her skin began to look like its usual radiant self. Though the bruises were still noticeable and the sight of them always made my blood boil. It just showed the extent to how much she had been hurt.

"I didn't go to school again," I said quietly. "I did try, you know? I went there and stayed for an entire lesson. But I couldn't stand being away from you."

I continued to talk to her still figure.

"Come on, Princess. You've made me wait long enough. Two weeks of just staring at you isn't good enough for me. I need to hear your voice. I'm sure you're getting bored of constantly hearing mine. I swear I'll shut up if you wake up. You can even punch me."

She remained still and I sucked in a deep breath. Tears danced in my eyes.

"I'm waiting. For you to tell me you love me. Because you promised you would so you need to wake up. And I think you've heard that enough from me. I want to hear you say it. You're just being unfair now."

I rubbed my eyes and pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I'll keep waiting for you."

A few minutes passed before the door opened again. The rushed footsteps made me smile and I turned around to see Dylan pounce on me. He jumped on to my lap and beamed. His emerald and greyish eyes reminded me of Vivian too much.

"Hello," he smiled cutely. "So where's Crystie?"

I heard Travis laugh from behind us and I raised a brow at Dylan.

"You know," I said and settled him down on my knee properly. "You are getting awfully close to my baby sister."

Dylan shrugged his little shoulders and pouted. "But she's so pretty," he said like he always did.

Crystal being pretty was his comeback every time.

Such a cheeky little monkey.

"You know your sister calls me pretty too?" I told him.

Travis dragged a chair to sit on Vivian's other side.

Dylan fell into a fit of giggles. "But you're a boyyy. Boys can't be pretty."