》24. I'm never going to fall for you, Aiden《

Chapter 24: I'm never going to fall for you, Aiden

I woke up to Aiden's body tangled with mine. His arms loosely hooked around me, his legs mixed with mine and his face nestled into the crook of my neck. My hair sprawled across the pillow and my own arms were wrapped around him.

A smile quirked on to my lips as I relished his body warmth and touch in this cold morning. I shook my head slightly. I shouldn't be enjoying this. I shouldn't have even gotten in to his bed last night.

I knew I'd regret this.

Aiden's soft breaths fanned my skin and heat flared through my body. His messy hair grazed my neck and I refrained from inching away from the tickly sensation. I unintentionally began to thread my fingers through his thick locks, twirling strands. Aiden stirred and I froze.

I slowly began to peel myself away from him. I was going to sneak out of his room and would not make this same mistake again. As I sat up, Aiden's arms shot up and pulled me back down. I yelped in surprise as he pushed me down to his chest and hugged me tight.

"Stay. I'm so cold," he mumbled. His voice was laced in sleep and had a rough and alluring edge to it.

I pressed my palms flat on his chest and raised my head to hover above his. "Aiden, you need to let me go," I said slowly.

With his eyes still closed, he shook his head. A cute smile tugged on to his lips. "No."

I narrowed my eyes at his cheeky antics and then with a sigh of defeat, fell back against his chest. Shirtless, might I add. My fingers trailed the lines of his muscular chest.

Aiden's hand grasped mine to stop my actions and he locked our fingers together. "Stop."

A quiet laugh escaped my lips. "Why? You ticklish?"

Aiden's voice entranced me. "Very. But when you touch me, I feel anything but tickly."

His teasing and flirty tone made my cheeks flame up and I sat up despite his protesting hands. I narrowed my eyes at his sleeping figure, his eyes were closed and he had a smirk playing on his very appealing lips. Aiden's hand splayed across my waist and he tugged.

"Come back. It's cold," he murmured.

He finally fluttered his eyes open and his hazel eyes hypnotized me. A cute pout set on his lips.

"Good. Feel cold," I said and pulled away from him.

As my feet landed on the wooden floor, arms shot out to grab me. Aiden sat up and pressed me to his firm chest, my back to his front. My breath hitched at the feeling of his lips near my ear and at his closeness.

"Want me to make pancakes this morning?" He murmured.

I nodded after a moment. "Yes. With nutella."

Aiden chuckled at my commanding tone, his body shaking behind mine. "Okay."

I nudged my shoulder against him when he didn't let me go. When I felt Aiden's lips graze the back of my neck, I stopped moving. My pulse quickened, my heart hammered, and I just about stopped breathing.

He placed a soft kiss on the back of my neck. "Morning, Princess."

When he finally let me go, my legs felt like jelly. I quickly stood up and rushed out of Aiden's room. His kiss burned an imprint on my skin and my fingers reached out to linger on my neck.

I shook my head and let out a groan. I rubbed my hands down my face. These feelings were wrong. And Aiden clearly knew I had feelings for him or else his actions and suggestive comments wouldn't be getting bolder by the day.