》3. Amongst us Americans, you are a fine, exotic specimen《

Chapter 3: Amongst us Americans, you are a fine, exotic specimen

"She's your bodyguard."

Silence met Aaron's words.

Everything clicked into place when Aiden’s face morphed into a look of utter confusion, and then horror.

“MY WHAT?”

Aiden's face took up a look of infuriation.

“Aiden, keep your voice down,” Aaron warned.

“Dad, I don’t need a bodyguard! Especially one that’s a frickin' girl!”

I couldn’t help but interfere.

“Well, that’s a bit sexist."

Aiden’s scrutinising eyes roamed down my body as if assessing my 5’6 frame. He’s sharp posture suddenly relaxed and he burst out laughing which baffled me to say the least.

“This is a joke, right? Well done Dad, you really fooled me."

“No, Aiden,” Aaron sighed. “Vivian is your bodyguard and I expect you to treat her well because you will be seeing a lot of her. With everything that has been going on, I need you to be safe.”

Aiden stopped laughing and his posture turned rigid.

Bloody hell.

This guy had the emotional intelligence of a toddler.

He clenched his jaw as his sharp eyes burned holes into mine. I returned his glare, unfazed.

A squirrel could be more scary than him.

“Oh, come on,” he groaned. “She looks like she can’t even hurt a fly.”

I quirked my brow at him. “Judge much?”

Aiden glared at me. “Alright, I want to see you in action.”

“Aiden," Aaron said sharply.

Aiden kept his gaze trained on me, a challenge sparking in his eyes. “C’mon, dad. If she’s apparently going to protect me, let’s see what she’s got.”

“Aiden, she’s just had a long flight. You stop this right now," Veronica ordered.

I turned to face her and smiled. “It’s honestly fine. If Aiden wants me to prove myself, I will.” My eyes met Aiden’s honey ones and I sent him a sickly sweet smile. “What do you want me to do?”

He ignored me.

“Mark! Spencer!”

Shuffling footsteps were heard before the same two men at the door appeared in the room. They stood tall and straight with their eyes focused on Aiden.

Aiden nodded towards me. "Fight her."

I almost laughed at his commanding tone. Someone’s been privileged a little too much.

Hesitancy flashed through both men’s eyes and I smiled.

“Guys, I’m a trained agent. It's cool, I promise not to hold a grudge," I claimed.

Bulletproof (Agent #1)|WATTYS2019जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें