》5. She has a sexy British accent《

Chapter 5: She has a sexy British accent

The bell rang just as I finished writing down my notes.

“You wrote so much," Aiden commented as he stood up.

I shoved my notebook and pen into my backpack. “This class is so interesting.”

Aiden chuckled. “That’s only because you’ve never taken American history before.”

I nodded in agreement as we walked out of the class. Aiden turned to face me and I glanced at him expectantly.

“Do you even have to take notes?" Aiden asked in a low voice. "I mean, since you’re not really a student.”

I shook my head. “Not really, but it keeps up the act and I actually was genuinely interested.”

Aiden didn’t respond as we continued to walk. We had just finished our third lesson and it was now lunch. So far, the day had gone fine after the whole seat situation. I did get a few odd glances but that was expected given that I’m a new student. While in lessons, I also observed my surroundings and the people around Aiden – nothing rang any warning bells in my mind.

“Do you have to sit near me during lunch?” Aiden asked as we entered the cafeteria, and I smiled at his aggravated tone.

I shook my head. “Nope, I didn’t have to sit near you in any of those lessons either. As long as I can keep an eye on you, I’m fine.”

Aiden paused mid-step and peered down at me in puzzlement.

“Then why on earth did you sit beside me in the past three lessons?” He asked incredulously.

A frown appeared between his eyebrows and I shrugged innocently, earning an irritated look as he flexed his jaw.

“Maybe I just like your presence.”

I grinned when he glared at my teasing tone. He scowled and began to walk away.

I sighed and looked around. Aiden sat at the table in the centre with a few noisy boys bumping knuckles with him. Tables began to fill quickly and I finally found an empty table. Just as I started walking over, a voice called out.

“Hey, miss exotic!”

I smiled at Caiden’s voice and twisted around to see him sitting at Aiden’s table. He waved me over and I glanced at Aiden who rolled his eyes but didn’t really seem bothered with me joining. I smiled when I came up to their table.

“Hey, guys.”

Alex patted the spot next him on the bench, in between him and Caiden and opposite Aiden. I sat down and glanced around to find eyes staring right back at me. I recognised a few faces from yesterday.

“Guys, you remember Vivian," Caiden said.

A blonde haired boy sitting beside Aiden nodded and I quickly remembered his name. “Hi, Vivian. How are you finding your first day of school so far?”

“It’s been good, Josh. I like American history.”

He chuckled, and before he could say anything, a tray slammed down on the other side of Aiden.