》Epilogue《

The Proposal

"Where are you taking me?" I laughed.

I felt Aiden's arm move away from me and heard shuffling.

"You can open the tie."

I smiled in excitement and tugged the blindfold off. I blinked to clear my vision.

I froze.

Standing in front of me was Aiden - looking all sorts of perfect and gorgeous.

But my eyes were trained on our surroundings. Colourful balloons decorated the floor and ceiling of the shooting range in HQ. Two target dummies were at the end of the large room with red hearts in their arm.

One said yes, and the other said maybe later.

I knew what was happening the moment I laid my eyes on the words, and I sucked in a shaky breath.

"Wha- what are we doing here?" I asked quietly, my voice barely audible.

My eyes locked with mesmerizing hazel ones, and the intensity in which Aiden was gazing at me took my breath away. Aiden stepped closer to me and took my hands in his, intertwining our fingers.

"I couldn't think of a better place than here," he said softly and sent me a beautiful smile.

My lips quirked up at the sight of his dimples. Before I could say anything, Aiden let go of my hands and knelt down on one knee.

I knew it was coming and yet I still gasped quietly, and tears welled up in my eyes.

Aiden grinned; pearly white teeth, dimples, and his eyes laughing.

"I love you. The moment I laid eyes on you, I knew you were here to stay. With me. Forever," he whispered and then grasped my hand again to press a gentle kiss.

It was taking me everything to not just fall on my knees and kiss him.

"I remember thinking you were the coolest girl I had ever seen when I challenged your abilities to be my bodyguard that first day and you knocked down those guards without breaking a sweat. I still think you're the most awesome person ever."

I couldn't stop the tear that escaped as a laugh left my mouth at him reminiscing our first meeting. Aiden smiled up at me.

"I fell in love with you when you saved me that day at the ball. You risked your life for me. I may not have known it then but it was always there, that connection between us. I only fell for you harder on our way to the safe house and the more you resisted, the further I fell. When you first told me you loved me while on your hospital bed, I never thought I could feel so happy, so genuinely happy with my life. And I never want to stop feeling like this. These seven years with you have been amazing. You make me feel alive, and I want to take risks with you, and I want to start a family with you and grow old with you. Only you."

I wiped the tears streaming down my cheeks at Aiden's wonderful words - words that held so much meaning and so many memories.

I rubbed my eyes and when I glanced back down, I just about stopped breathing.

Aiden held a gun in his hand: a red bow plastered on it. I laughed because I knew where this was going. Aiden chuckled, the sound warm and inviting.

"I think you know what I'm going to say. With you being the most perceptive person I know and all," he laughed, but I could see the nerves in his eyes, the shake in his fingers.

Aiden took in a deep breath and I unintentionally took one with him.

"There's two targets there and there's a gun in my hand for you to take. There's only one bullet. Just answer my question."