》7. Oh Lord, are you high?《

Chapter 7: Oh Lord, are you high?

The next day I woke up extra early for my morning run. I jogged up the steps of the house, nodding at Mark and Spencer as I made my way inside. I placed my hands on my knees and took a deep breath before straightening up.

The sound of footsteps had me glancing up to find Aiden walking down the stairs in his school uniform. He peered over at me from his phone and his eyes flickered over my attire and sweaty body.

“You go running, Princess?” He asked as he made his way towards me.

I nodded, ignoring his new nickname for me. “Yeah, every morning.”

Aiden looked at his watch. “It’s 7:30. Can you get ready in time?”

I chuckled. “I’ll be down in twenty minutes. Save me a croissant.”

Before I could leave, he stepped in front of me. I stared at him expectantly.

Aiden smiled sheepishly and a flicker of nerves past his hazel eyes. “Can you do my tie for me?”

I refrained from laughing and nodded. Stepping closer, I clasped his tie in my hand. As I hooked one strand over the other, I peered up to find him already gazing at me. I returned my eyes back to his tie, our proximity making my stomach twist.

“Are you going anywhere today?” I asked conversationally.

Aiden shrugged just as I patted his finished tie and stepped back. “Not sure, I’ll let you know.”

I flashed him a smile before walking away. Jogging up the stairs, I attempted to rid the weird feelings I got from being so close to Aiden.

After taking a quick shower, I changed into my uniform. I strapped my gun onto my leg and swung my bag across my shoulder. Tying my damp hair into a low bun, I began walking down the stairs.

Aiden waited for me at the bottom of the steps and upon my arrival glanced at his watch.

“16 minutes,” he mused with an impressed expression.

I chuckled at him. “It doesn’t take long for me to get ready.”

He passed me the croissant he held with a napkin. I took it from him with a mumbled thanks before following after him into the lift. By the time I sat in the car, I had already finished the croissant and wiped my fingers.

My phone rang a few minutes into Aiden driving and I picked it up instantly after seeing the caller ID.

“Hey, munchkin,” I greeted with a smile.

I felt Aiden’s stare on me before he looked at the road but I ignored it.

“Vivi, I miss you!” Dylan's voice came through.

I laughed. “I miss you, too. Did you come home for lunch?” I asked, aware it was around noon back home.

“Mhm. Travis made me a tuna sandwich,” he said excitedly.

“That’s great, I hope you enjoy it. Listen Dyl, I promise I’ll video chat later. Can you pass the phone to Travis.”

“Okay, bye!”