》4. Do you always have to flirt?《

Chapter 4: Do you always have to flirt?

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Who on earth was the person who created alarm clocks because I would really like to give that person a piece of my mind.

I groaned and suppressed myself from screaming at the fact that I had to wake up. Turning my alarm off, I slid out of bed and shivered when the cold air hit my bare arms. I quickly grabbed a towel and walked into the bathroom.

Today was Monday. My first day of school. Again. Yay me.

I thought I'd left my school days behind me once I joined HAC after my training was completed.

I begrudgingly had to admit I was quite nervous since I haven’t gone to school in the last two years as I finished my compulsory education pretty early. These last two years of my life have been dedicated to HAC. Last night Veronica had told me that I would be going to school with Aiden everyday and be taking the same classes as him to be able to watch over him.

Once I showered, I wore the school uniform Mary had given me last night. I was slightly surprised that a uniform was needed as from the many times I’d been to New York, uniforms weren’t needed in most high schools. But then I remembered that Aiden went to a private school. I wasn’t taken back at the fact that he went to a private school; he had wealthy parents and they wanted him to get the best education.

I stared at myself in the full length mirror and pursed my lips. I really didn’t like this uniform. It consisted of a skirt just above my knees, a white shirt with a blazer and a green tie. The colour of the uniform was an emerald green which I didn't mind. I just didn’t like the fact that I had to wear a skirt. My problem with skirts was that I had grown accustomed to wearing trousers given my job. Pants allowed me to fight well in combat.

I quickly did my tie and plaited my hair before tugging on my black tights to go with my black converses. Skirts and converses weren’t exactly the ideal match, but if I had to run, I couldn’t run in anything better.

I stared at my bare features and shrugged a shoulder. I'm pretty sure I didn't even own an eyeliner. If I did, I'd use it as a weapon to stab someone's eye out.

A knock came at my room door and I called out. “Come in.”

Mary stepped forward and smiled at me. “Good morning, Miss. I hope you slept well.'

A smile formed across my lips. “Hey, Mary. I did, I hope you slept well, too. And I told you, call me Vivian."

She nodded before glancing at my bed. “I’m here to tidy, but I see you’ve already done that.”

I laughed and faced my already made-up bed to smooth out a crease on the sheets. “Yeah, you don’t have to clean up after me, Mary. I’m a tidy person, but thank you.”

She nodded again. “Breakfast is downstairs when you are ready to come down.”

“Thanks, I’ll be down in a moment. Have a good day, Mary.”

“Have a good day at school, Vivian," she replied before slipping out.

I grabbed my gun and plastered it under my skirt. I had wrapped my gun holder band around my right thigh and I really hoped my gun was not noticeable. Grasping my bag that I packed with the essential stationary and notebook last night, I shut my room door and walked downstairs.

I took out my phone from my skirt pocket and quickly texted Sebastian.

Morning sleepy head. Going to school soon. Kinda nervous =/