》11. Your bra is ripped《

Chapter 11: Your bra is ripped

When Monday came rolling around, I sighed as I got out of bed. I can't believe I have to go to school all over again. I was so happy when I was able to quicken my education and finish school at 16 thanks to HAC. And now I was back.

I strapped on my gun when a knock came at the door.

"Come in!" I called out.

Aiden stepped into my room, fully dressed with his tie hanging around his neck. He smiled at me.

"Hey," I said and sat down to wear my converses.

"You didn't go on your morning jog today?" He asked curiously, noticing how my hair wasn't wet from a shower.

I shook my head and stood up. "Couldn't be bothered."

I threw my coat on over my blazer and glanced at Aiden quizzically. He answered my gaze by pointing to his imcomplete tie. I smiled as I moved closer to him; through all of last week, I had grown accustomed to doing his tie for him.

I peered up at him while doing his tie and squinted. "Did you get any sleep?"

Aiden shook his head, distress taking over his features. "No. I can't sleep. You?"

I chuckled. "Look at my tired eyes and that'll give you an answer."

Aiden's lips twitched up at my answer and I stepped back. "Thanks," he mumbled.

"I'll meet you downstairs. I'm starving," I told him and grabbed my bag as we left my room.

On arriving to the dining room, Crystal jumped up. "Vivi!"

I grinned at her enthusiasm and ruffled her hair. I sat down beside her and smiled at Veronica and Aaron. "Good morning."

Aaron placed his newspaper down and smiled at me while Veronica looked at me, taking a sip of her coffee. "I actually have to talk to you, Vivian."

I caught on to her urgent tone and nodded. "Sure, let's go."

Veronica followed me out and we walked into the living room, shutting the door behind us. When talking to both her and Aaron, I showed them the blueprint and the blind spots; the living room was surprisingly one of them.

Veronica faced me and worry washed over her delicate features. "I can't sleep, Vivian. I know you advised us to act normal but I feel like I'm constantly being watched in my own home. I'm scared to leave Crystal alone."

My heart went out to her and I rubbed her arm.

"No one can hurt you or Crystal or anyone," I said quietly. "My team is also hacked into the system and will alert us of anything suspicious. We just need to pretend we don't know anything for a little while longer while they decode the laptop we found and find out which of your staff member's the culprit."

My explanation seemed to relax her shoulders. Her familiar hazel eyes squinted as she smiled kindly at me.

"I'm really glad you're here Vivian. Our family is so grateful to you," she said warmly.