Chapter 39

The next few days were hell on Jasper, so I slipped into little space to help him relax. He always enjoys taking care of me, and he told me that it's the most calming thing he can do.

I spent the next few months entirely in my headspace except for hunting. I only had a vague idea that the Volturri were after us, but I had an insane amount of trust in Daddy and the rest of my family. I knew if something serious was going on, I'd find out when I had to.

“Carlisle,” Jake said. “Sam's here to see you. He said just you and Esme though.”

Esme looks at me and I nod. My mate had taken off in the middle of the night after lulling me to sleep. I guess he told Carlisle and Esme he was going hunting for a while and he'd be back before I woke.

I was left alone on the couch with a fuzzy blankie and my Stitch stuffie. I don’t know why, but fuzzy blankets always calm me down and help me relax. I curled in on myself more, feeling the nerves of Jasper being gone.

“Hey, little one,” Emmett said, sitting down beside me and handing me a piece of paper.

“Thanks Emmy,” I said. I unfolded the paper and started to read Jasper's handwriting.

Hey Babygirl,

I need you to slip out of littlespace if you haven't. And, as hard as it's going to be, I need you to stay big for me while I'm gone.

Em will take care of you. I trust him to protect you should you need it. Baby, I know it's going to be hard, but I promise it’s for the best . I'll explain everything when I get back. I love you so much Vivian Joy. Please find it within yourself to forgive me.

Love always, Jasper

“Em, Jazzy said you'd take care of me,” I said. The old nickname felt foreign on my tongue.

“He made me promise a few days ago to protect you no matter what happened. I had no idea this is what he was planning,” Emmett said. I nodded in understanding as it fell quiet for a few minutes.

“We're getting ready to split up to find witnesses,” Emmett said.

“I'll go with Carlisle and Esme,” I said softly. “Esme will wanna look out for me especially since my mate took off.”

“You can come with Rose and I,” Emmett said.

“Em, please,” I said, rolling my eyes at him. As much as they love me, they didn’t want m third wheeling. He nodded and stole my blanket.

“No fair,” I whined, grabbing for my stuff.

“Nope,” he said, keeping my stuff. “You have to stay out of littlespace.”

“For our safety,” I said. “You have to keep me calm.”

“What was that Viv?” He asked.

“I have a harder time controlling my powers when I’m mad or little. Jasper is my control, keeping me calm enough to not harm anyone,” I said. “If I slip up it could hurt the entire family.”

He rolled his eyes and I headed upstairs to get dressed. I pulled on some maroon skinny jeans and a black blouse. I grabbed my black leather jacket before heading downstairs to where my family was making plans to find witnesses.

“I'll go to Egypt with Carlisle and Esme,” I said. Jasper was off on his own searching for witnesses, and I didn't really want to stay here with Crazy, Annoying, and Miserable. Aka Jake, Bella, and Edward respectively.

“Bye Aunt Viv,” Nes said, throwing her arms around me.

“Bye hon, I love you,” I said, hugging her and kissing the top of her head.

“Love you too,” she said before running back to Jake. Her mother may not like me, but she loves me and Jake at least tolerates me for Nes’s sake.

That afternoon we got on a plane and headed to Egypt. We kept getting weird looks, but I didn't know why until I realized we were heading from the USA to Egypt without luggage.