Chapter 13

"Hi, Vivvy," Alice said softly, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Hi, Ali," I said, nuzzling closer to Daddy. He placed his hand that wasn't supporting my butt on my upper back, effectively pulling me even closer to him.

"You don't have to be scared of us, hon," Rose said, joining Ali in front of me.

"What if you no longer like me?" I asked, still being very quiet.

"We love you, Vivvy," Rose said. She smiled at me, rubbing my back gently in attempt to soothe me further.

"Love you too," I said. She smiled at me and rubbed my cheek gently before returning to her husband.

"We're going to go hunting," Emmett said after a minute.

"Be careful," Esme said. They nodded before leaving, hand in hand.

"I didn't do that?" I asked, wanting clarification that they didn't leave because they were mad at me.

"No, baby, they're not mad at you," Daddy said, tucking some of my hair behind my ear so I could see everyone.

"Okay," I said. Daddy walked over to the armchair, sitting down with me in his lap. He cuddled me close to his chest, holding me gently so that I was comfortable. Not that vampires can be uncomfortable, but it's the thought that counts.

"Vivvy, Jasper, if you need anything, we'll be upstairs," Carlisle said as he grabbed Esme's hand and led her upstairs.

"Alright, thank you," Daddy said. Alice was sitting on the loveseat, watching some old movie that didn't have any noise. I didn't care though, because even as a little, I enjoy the quiet.

"Vivvy, wanna go outside for a bit?" Daddy asked.

"Yes please," I said, getting off of Daddy's lap in a flash.

"Slow down love," Daddy said.

"Alright Daddy," I said, grabbing his hand as he took my stuffie and blanket and sat them on the couch.

"Wanna go out to the clearing?" Daddy asked as we walked out back.

"Please," I said, turning to him and giving him my best puppy eyes.

"Of course love. Would you like a piggy back?" Daddy asked.

"Yes please," I said.

"You're remembering your manners very well today little one," Daddy said, smiling at me.

"I'm trying," I said, twisting my feet nervously.

"You're doing a very good job," he said. He picked me up, causing me to wrap my arms and legs around him. I closed my eyes, laying my head on his upper back as he ran off towards the clearing where we go sometimes to be alone.

"Here we are babygirl," Daddy said, setting me down. "What should we do?"

"Play," I said.

"What're we gonna play?" He asked.

"Hmm, I don't know. There's some pretty flowers," I said, pointing to them. I grabbed his hand and dragged him along.

"Do you remember how to make flower crowns little one?" Daddy asked.

"No," I said sadly.

"I can make you one if you want, but you have to pick the flowers out and tell me all of the colors as you go," he said.

"Will you please?" I asked.

"Of course I will Princess," he said. I smiled and grabbed a purple flower, picking it and handing it to him.

"It's purple," I said.

"Good job, princess," he said.

"This one is pink," I said, handing him a freshly picked pink flower.

"Good job again," he said. And it continued on for another ten flowers or so.

"And here's a finished flower crown for my favorite Princess," Daddy said, placing the crown on my head.

"Thank you so so much Daddy. I love it very much," I said. "You need one. Look, there's even blue flowers." I grabbed one of the blue flowers and handed it to him.

"Thank you Princess," he said. When he finished, he placed the crown on his head.

"The princess needs a prince, doesn't she?" Daddy asked.

"I'll always need you Daddy," I said, hugging him tightly. He held me close to his chest, absorbing the feeling of this moment just like I was.