Chapter 16

“Daddy,” I said happily. He smiled softly at me and moved at human speed to sit with me. I slipped back into little space as he entered and took control of my emotions.

“Can you stay?” Jasper said to Rose and Emmett as they went to leave. They nodded and shut the door. Daddy took me from Rosie's arms, holding me tightly so he could calm down.

“What’s wrong Daddy?” I asked.

“Vivian, baby. We need to talk.” If he were human his eyes would’ve been filled to the brim with tears.

I slipped back out of little space with ease.

“Jazzy, what happened?” I asked.

“Viv, do you remember what just happened?” he asked.

I nodded before answering. “Uh, Edward called me a freak. He said he’d appreciate it if you kept me away so I can’t ruin Bella’s party with my behavior.”

“Yeah, and we all got pretty defensive,” Jasper said.

“When Emmett went to defend me, I got scared,” I said. “Sorry Emmy. I’m not actually scared of you. I just don’t like yelling and fighting.”

“No, don’t apologize,” Emmett said. He walked over and joined Jasper, Rose, and I on the bed.

“He’s right baby,” Jasper said.

“We should’ve been more considerate of you,” Emmett said. “I’ll remember that in the future. Pinky promise.” He held his pinky out to me and I interlocked mine with his.

“Babe,” Jasper said.

“Jaz?” I asked.

“Carlisle and Esme want us to take a break from our lifestyle,” Jasper said. Without even thinking about it I flew out of our room and towards where I heard Edward talking to Carlisle and Esme.

“You’re punishing Jasper and I after Edward called me a freak?” I asked. “How’s that fair?”

“Respect, little one,” Jasper said, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

“Jasper, she has every right to be mad. I would be too,” Esme said.

“Edward, why is what my mate and I do such a big deal?” I asked.

“Bella thinks you’re a freak,” Edward said.

“Why should it matter to Bella,” I said. “Besides the feeling is mutual.”

“She just finds you weird. Sorry I care about her,” he said. “She’s my singer.” The look that crossed his face at that point in time was amazing if you ask me. He knew he’d messed up.

A singer is more of a school yard crush where as a mate is a soulmate. Singers bring out the worst in vampires, heightening their bloodlust and senses. Mates have a calming affect on each other, so even if one is human, like I was when Jasper and I met, they can be around each other with ease.

“She’s not your mate?” Carlisle asked, becoming angry with his eldest son. Singers aren't good, and Carlisle has always taught us to avoid ours at all costs.

“No, she’s my singer,” Edward said.

“We’ve risked so much because you allowed us to believe she is your mate,” Rosalie said becoming angry with Edward.

“She’s still my girlfriend. And you,” he almost spat at me, “are still not allowed to attend the party if you’re going to act like a toddler.”

“I don’t want to attend anyways,” I said. I spun to face my mate as Edward stormed off. “Now who’s acting like a toddler,” I scoffed. Emmett started laughing at my comment.

“Carlisle and Esme, I’m really sorry about my behavior a few minutes ago. I was just angry that you want us to take a break from our life for Edward and his singer,” I said.

“You’re forgiven. Just watch it in the future,” Esme said. I skipped over and hugged the both of them.

“Vivvy, wanna go get some sleep?” Jasper asked.

I nodded and we headed up to our room so I could get some sleep. Jasper had school then we were going hunting tomorrow afternoon before Bella’s party.

A/N: I know that in the books and movies a singer and a mate are the same, but for the sake of my story, they are not.