Chapter 50

When they all returned, Emmett was being his usual, chaotic self again, which was quite reassuring to me. He'd been acting weird since before Jasper had left. I think it all started around Bella and Edward's return from the honeymoon, but I can't be sure.

Rosalie was giggling happily at her husband's adolescence. She hadn't appeared this happy and stress free since before Bella came into the picture. She radiated warmth and happiness again, and I've honestly missed this Rosalie. Don't get me wrong, I love her all of the time, but I have a harder time dealing with her when she's being a bitch, which has been all the time since Bella showed up in Forks.

Alice seemed upset, but I think that was because Seth had to stay back in Forks. Still, the pixie laughed at Emmett's antics as they walked into the house together. Alice even went as far as to feed into Emmett's behavior.

Carlisle walked in behind the trio, shaking his head slightly but still chuckling at them. He seemed so much more carefree right now than he usually does. He was dressed more casually and he seemed more relaxed than normal.

Esme was literally radiating happy, motherly vibes. She was wearing a sundress and dancing around while she whistled a happy song. She could've passed for a hippie if she hadn't been so well kept.

"Why are we here?" Emmett asked, finally calming his antics.

"Cause we've missed you all," Esme said happily.

"Alright, who gave Mom the happy pills?" Emmett joked. I smiled softly at the comment and leaned into Jasper's chest more. He'd pulled me into an armchair the second we were in the door and trapped me in his hold, but I wasn't going to complain.

"New game: make Vivian laugh. Like actually laugh. Rule number one, Jasper can not cheat and make her angry so she doesn't laugh. Rule number two, we have ten minutes. Rule number three," Emmett said.

I cut him off quickly, "you can not touch me like physically."

"We won't," Emmett agreed. "Time starts now."

Ten minutes might not seem like that long of a time, but when you know how you are spending literally every second and you have super speed like us, ten minutes can feel like eternity.

Esme giggled at us slightly as Emmett started pulling faces and doing ridiculous dances in attempt to get me to laugh.

"Only our kids," Carlisle said, chuckling at us a little more.

"Jasper and Vivian sitting in a tree," Emmett sang. I turned to face Jasper and stared into his eyes hoping to make Emmett's voice drown out in my head. It worked for a second before Emmett moved closer and began singing louder.

"Rosalie, control your mans," I said.

"Oh no honey," she said laughing at me. "You're on your own."

"Alice," I said, trying to look around the giant in front of me to the pixie hiding behind him. All attempts failed as Emmett moved into my line of sight each and every time.

"Jasper, help me," I said, turning back to my mate.

"Sorry Darlin'," he said.

"No, babe, come on," I said. I tried to give him my best puppy eyes for help as Emmett changed his tactics to something new. Emmett began serenading me with a very dramatic version of "I Want It That Way".

I broke down into giggles as Emmett pause for a second to laugh at me. He started singing and pulling faces again, causing me to lose all control and start laughing even more at my favorite brother.

"Yes, victory is mine. How long?" He asked, doing yet another ridiculous dance to celebrate.

"Eight minutes and thirty seven seconds," Esme said. She'd taken to mediating a few years before I joined the family in hopes that she wouldn't have to rebuild a house again.

"Nice work Vivian. You did better than expected," Emmett said, high fiving me before jumping into my lap, causing both Jasper and I to groan.

"What did you want Esme?" Alice asked sweetly.

"This," Esme said, motioning to us.

Vivian Joy Darwin || A Jasper Hale DDLG Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें