Chapter 15

“Look, tomorrow is Bella’s birthday and Alice is throwing her a party here. I’d appreciate it if your freak of a mate wasn’t here to ruin it with her behavior,” Edward said to Jasper, unaware of the fact I was in the next room. Rose stood up from her spot beside me and took off for Edward while growling. Emmett looked at me protectively before turning up the volume of the football game we were watching.

I tried to ignore the sounds of fighting, but couldn’t. Emmett realized this and started rubbing my back in an attempt to soothe me. I heard Esme and Carlisle join the three in the kitchen. Jasper was defending me, causing a smile to cross my face. I love him for that.

“Vivvy,” Emmett said, causing me to look at him instead of the TV. “I’m going to go talk to Jasper and Rosie if that’s okay.”

“Bye Emmy,” I said, curling up in the blanket as he stood up and left me.

“Edward, if she was a human she’d be in there crying her eyes out,” Emmett said angrily.

“I could feel the anger from all of you through Jasper the second I said it, trust me,” Edward said.

I tried to ignore them, but their raised voices continually broke into my thoughts. I became increasingly frightened. I wanted Jasper to come comfort me, but I knew he was defending me.

“Guys, stop it. We’re scaring Vivvy,” Jasper said. I smiled at the way he said my name with so much care. “We’ll discuss this later.”

“Jaz,” Rosie said calmly. “I’ll go sit with her until you’re done here.”

“She doesn’t deserve to be treated like this,” Jasper said. I knew if I was still human, I’d be blushing like mad. I don’t know why, but I love when Jasper gets defensive.

“We know that Jaz,” Rosie said. I heard her walking into the room and she picked up the remote, turning the volume back down.  

“She’s got you all brainwashed or something,” Edward said. “She’s a freak.”

“Why? Because she knows who she is, and won't let people like you stop her from being herself?” Jasper asked, raising his voice.  

Rosie was quick to pick me up and carry me upstairs then. She stood in front of my shelf of stuffies, trying to decide which one to hand to me.

“Which one will it be tonight?” She asked, looking at me with a smile on her face.

“None,” I said defiantly crossing my arms.

“What’s wrong Vivvy?” she asked.

“Rosie, ‘m I a freak?” I asked, on the brink of sobs. I had completely come out of little space due to the anxiety of this whole situation.

“God no. Of course not,” she said, running over to me at lightning speed.

“Why'd Edward call me freak?” I asked.

“I don’t know why Edward thinks you’re a freak, but I promise you he’s the freak,” she said. “I mean, have you seen his hair?” I giggled slightly and curled into her side.

“Vivian, I never want to see you be ashamed of who you are. Edward’s just jealous that you’re so self confident,” Rosie said after a minute. I heard someone on the other side of the door and knew Jasper had a key.

“Love you Rosie,” I said.

“I love you too, Vivian,” she said. She sat down beside me and pulled me into her arms, sitting me in her lap.