Chapter 29

"Viv, we have to go hunt. Alice is expecting the Battle tomorrow," Jasper said, jolting me from my thoughts as he walked into our room.

"Yeah," I said softly, wiping my eyes as if I were tired as I stood up.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"I, uh, yeah," I lied.

"Babydoll, why are you lying to me?" He asked.

"It's nothing Jazz, really. Can we just leave?" I asked.

"Not until you tell me what's going on," he said.

"I don't wanna talk about it Jasper," I snapped, my voice rising slightly out of anger.

"Vivian," he warned harshly.

"Jasper," I said, sassing him without a care.

"What is going on?" He asked.

"Why the hell are we risking ourselves to defend Bella yet again?" I asked.

"Are we having this conversation again?" He asked.

"Yes Jasper, we are. Because I'm sick and tired of defending someone who wouldn't think twice about selling me out. I'm sick of being the bigger person and defending family for the sake of family. When was the last time that Bella defended one of us?"

"She doesn't have to because she doesn't see us that way," Jasper said.

"I don't see her that way because she hates me Jasper. She wouldn't care if I was sick or missing or dead in a ditch. I can't love someone who doesn't give two shits about me," I said, no longer caring if I swore or not.

"Vivian Joy, that is enough. You're up to two punishments. Shall we go for a third?" He snapped.

"Jasper, will you listen to me for three seconds?" I asked. "I don't understand defending someone who wouldn't do the same for you."

"She's with Edward," he said.

"And he wouldn't do the same for us either," I defended.

"I know doll. I know, but we have to do this for Carlisle and Esme," he said.

"I understand doing it for them, but I cannot make it make sense to me to defend Bella," I said. "Why should we risk ourselves for her?"

"We shouldn't have to, but we have to defend our family because at this point, it's more than just Bella. It's all of us," he said.

"I know baby. I'll do it for us," I said. "Not for Bella."

"So don't do it for Bella," he said. "I'm sorry I snapped. I didn't mean to snap, but you did have an attitude problem."

"I know I did, but I can't stand her," I said.

"I know baby girl," he said, hugging me tightly and kissing the top of my head.

"Let's go," I said, reaching behind me to interlace our hands.

"Let's go hunt," he said, taking off with me close behind.

When we arrived home, Jasper and I headed up to our room to shower and spend some time together before the fight tomorrow.

"Babygirl, I'm really sorry about fighting earlier," Jasper said. We were sitting on our bed together, each reading our own books to try and relax for a while.

"Me too babe," I said, kissing his cheek.

"I really love you little one."

"I love you too Daddy."