Chapter 26

Bella, Edward, and Alice all made it home safe and sound. Bella and Edward got chewed out by Charlie the second they got to Bella's house, and if I'm being honest, I found it quite amusing. The two of them literally never got in trouble for anything before that. Edward is now banned from Bella's house, but that won't stop the two of them from being together.

Right now, we're all gathered in the living room waiting for their arrival. Edward helped Bella sneak out and they called a family meeting to discuss Bella becoming a vampire. I'm completely opposed to the idea solely because she doesn't like me.

"You all know what I want, and the only fair way that I can see to do this is to vote," Bella said from the bottom of the stairs.

"This shoul-," Edward started, but Bella cut him off.

"Shh, just shut up," she said softly. I could hear the edge of attitude in her voice.

She turned to Alice to ask her vote, "Alice."

"I already consider you my sister, so yes," Alice said, hugging Bella.

"You're already a part of the family. My vote is yes," Esme said.

"While it'd be a pleasure not to want to kill you anymore, I can not in good conscience vote yes. You haven't been very accepting towards Vivian and I, so, I'm sorry, but no," Jasper said, wrapping his arms around me and causing me to lean my head on his shoulder before answering.

"I vote no," I said. "While this is the life I chose for myself, I refuse to vote yes for you. You haven't been the nicest to me, and I'd rather not put up with someone that hates me forever."

"This isn't the life I would've  chosen for myself. I wish there'd been someone to vote no for me, so I vote no," Rosalie said, smiling at me as she finished. I returned the gesture causing Bella to glare at us.

"I vote hell yeah," Emmett said, picking Bella up and spinning her around. "We can pick a fight with the Volturri some other way."

"Why're you doing this to me?" Edward asked, causing Carlisle to step forward.

"You've given me no choice son. You've chosen not to live without her, and I won't lose my son," Carlisle said. "So, Bella, I vote yes, for Edward's sake."

"Thank you," Bella said before leaving like we hadn't just voted on the most important decision of her life.

"Thank you Rose," I said, walking over and hugging her.

"You're welcome sweetie," she said, returning the hug. "It was as much for your sake as for mine."

"I know, and I appreciate it," I said. She nodded before heading off with Emmett.

"Wanna head upstairs?" Jasper asked. I nodded and he picked me up, carrying me up the stairs to our bedroom in a matter of seconds.

"How're you feeling after that babe?" He asked.

"Well, for one, I'm annoyed," I said. "Why couldn't she just make the decision herself? And two, it should've had to have been unanimous. The fact that it was four to three shouldn't have been enough for her to decide to end her mortal life."

"You decided on your own," he said, kissing my temple to calm me down.

"I was dying Jasper. That was different," I said.

"Was it though?" He asked.

"Besides, we don't even know for sure that they're mates. She's his singer that's it," I said.

"Babe, we can always go do our own thing," he said.

"I don't wanna leave Esme and Carlisle, or Rose and Emmett, or Alice. I wanna be here with them. I just don't wanna be around Edward and Bella. They're mean to me. Everyone else is nice," I said.

"Maybe you need to regress," he said.

"Maybe because I don't think as much when I'm little," I said.

"Whatever the reason, just regress babydoll," he said, kissing my temple again.