Chapter 49

Jim's POV

(Y/n) had painted some strange swirls and a wilting flower on her walls.

Richard at this moment was being beaten almost to death by Moran because we both were wanting him dead. I told Sebastian to let him get infections in his wounds because he needs to suffer.

I was really worried about (Y/n). She was ordered bedrest by doctors and Moran, and I wasn't allowed to stay in her room for very long.

I was exhausted and it was about 2 in the morning when I hear (Y/n) crying, so I entered her room slowly.

"Love, it's going to be okay." I saw turning my head so she can see that I am not Richard. It breaks my heart she is scared when I walk in. It hurts.

"He was touching me and I can't make the feeling go away." She slurred most of her consonants while she was sobbing.

"I've got you." I said, laying with her, holding her close to me.

I heard her breathing slow back down and felt her relax as she started to fall asleep, and I was so exhausted in many ways I fell asleep too.

***Timeskip brought to you by the superbly talented guy of my dreams***

I woke up just at sunrise, and light started to gently stream into the room.
I sat up slowly and counted that I got a good 4-5 hours of sleep. More than I've had in months. I looked over at (Y/n) and she was sleeping peacefully. She hadn't been since Richard had her, but she is now. Did I make her feel safe? Was she really safe?

Its been proved she's not really safe, but I will not let her be hurt for me. It's not her fault that I love her.

I- love her.

I can see it all now. I love her, and that's why I am slowly killing my brother, it's also why I covered such distance in impossible time to take her back from Magnussen.

It's why both Magnussen and my brother attacked her. Its why I can't stick to my plans. I'm in love with her.

She loves me back, right? I believe so. I know she loves me. That's how Richard was able to break her so easily.

I've made her breakable. Why did I have to do that?

Did she make me breakable? I think she did. Do I care? I don't think I do.

I got out of her bed and left to get back to working.

I am in the middle of a mental game of war with my brother and damnit he's winning. I'm falling in love and he's used that against me and I can't fall back out.

How should I hurt Richard?

I know my next move. I'll beat him at this filthy game.

•••

Author's Note

Hello! Its been a little while. I haven't published since last year (a month ago) so I hope you are still here and haven't left my fanfic because I really do want to make something you guys wanna read so let me know what you want Jim to do to Richard! Also if you liked this part of Jim's inner monologue please vote and tell me what you liked! It means so much.

For y'all who are interested I'm in honor choir and just did a prerehearsal and my back hurts because it's been a long long day. I also have to give a speech in school sometime this week so wish me luck!

Lots of Loves,

~Amanda