Chapter 46

Your POV

You brought John into your bedroom when things got heated and he was going to take things all the way but you stopped him. It was too soon and all you could think about was Jim. His hair, his morning voice, his eyes. How his eyes came alive when he looked at you, but how empty he kept them otherwise. Did his eyes come alive when he thought of you?

And John thought of Mary when you stopped him. He felt guilty that he wanted more with you, but wanted to move on in life with Mary.

You hated playing him, but you'd do what you had to for Jim.

"(Y/n). I want more with you, I do. But I can't really see us having a future together. Mary is who I want to move on in life with, and I hope you'll understand that because of my feelings for you that is in jeopardy." He stands up.

"John..." you didn't know what to say to him to make him stay. Did you have to keep trying or was this enough for James?

"I'll be sending Mary to check in on you later." He says, then grabbing his stuff and leaving you to worry about if this would be enough for Jim.

Jim would continue hurting John later having Eurus do the dirty work next time and he had already discussed that with her at this point in your life. He really was a spider, but he could see so far ahead everybody. Plan everything like the well structured game it is.

Your phone rang and you picked it up eagerly.

"Hello?" You asked almost too excitedly.

"(Y/n), you've done well my love. Come back to daddy. I'll text you a time and place for tomorrow."

You beamed. "I'll be ready."

•••

Author's Note

Oof I haven't written in a long long time. I apologize for that. I know this chapter is short but I feel I did an okay job at it. Maybe I'll keep writing and update within the week.

Lots of Loves,

~Amanda