Chapter 33

Your POV

You worked cases with Scotland Yard. You seemed to be really helpful like Sherlock had and less annoyed with most of the work force.

Also, you had some new insight on crime, hearing a bit from Moriarty's perspective of it all.

You could tell some of these were things Moriarty had arranged before he'd d- no. You can't face that fact, even still.

It was hard to think about him, and it was bad when Lestrade brought it up because he thought you were traumatized by your time with Moriarty, not by the fact that he was gone.

Even if he was alive, he was probably off with some prostitute in some beautiful far off island.

Now that thought hurt you. It hurt that he could've been alive and lied about it to you, leaving you to suffer and stay in London.

You decided to bury yourself in work, leaving you sleep deprived. You made sure that Lestrade couldn't tell you didn't sleep, but John could tell. He came in one time and deduced you like Sherlock would.

"(Y/n), you are sleep deprived, and you are going home right now." John said.

"I'm fine, John." You said, trying to deny his deductions.

"I'm taking you home." He said stubbornly and he took you gently with him.

"Lestrade! John is taking me against my will!" You yelled. John let go and rolled his eyes.

"(Y/n), John isn't like that. Do take a break from work though, that's all you've been doing. For months." Lestrade said and John brought you to a cab and brought you to your flat.

He turned on How I Met Your Mother on your TV and he went into your kitchen to make you some Mac and Cheese.

You sat on your couch and watched, wanting to work, but this was good too.

He brought you the Mac and cheese in a big bowl, with a spoon. He patted your head and sat on the couch with you.

You thanked him and ate the Mac and cheese. You hadn't been eating much lately either.

The Mac and cheese tasted magical. Truly divine.

"You need to move on from Jim, he's gone, (Y/n)." He said putting a gentle hand on your knee.

"John. I'm trying. This won't work though. You are too much like a brother to me for us to work." You said, uncomfortable. He took his hand off your knee seeing your discomfort.

"Sorry, it's been hard for both of us these past few months." He explained.
"I didn't meant to make you uncomfortable. I'll just leave." He said, getting up and leaving before you could tell him to stay.

You locked the door after him.

You finished the Mac and cheese and passed out on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother.

•••

Author's Note

Hello guys!! It's been a little while but holy crap here is so many reads 😵
Thank you so much!! Every vote and comment make my day, and make me happier through my busy world of school and work.

I love you all and appreciate all that you say to me!

And holy cows!! 11K!! I never thought I would get this far thank you all so much!!!

Lots of Loves,

~Amanda