Chapter 9

Your POV

You walked into Molly's work and found Sherlock using the microscope and something you assumed was a mass spectrometer. John was sitting across from Sherlock watching his thought process happen.

"(Y/n)! Molly was worried about you! Are you okay?!" John said to you.

"I am fine John, I just lost my old phone!"

"Did you need my number then?" John asked.

"Nope. Don't do that John." Sherlock said not looking up from his microscope.

"Why exactly?"

"I uh-already put it in. Mine too actually." Sherlock looked up at you and you checked your contacts. Molly had, in fact, put in the numbers. You had no idea how Sherlock knew though.

"John, I left the other sample at the flat. Will you go get it for me?" Sherlock asked John.

"Yeah. Bye (Y/n). It was nice to see that you are okay!" John said as he grabbed his coat and walked out the door.

" Bye John!" You yelled to him.

Once John had gone down the hallway Sherlock spoke to you.

" Where are you living now (Y/n)?"

"What?"

"Who are you living with?"

"Be careful. Don't want to tell him anything." James whispered into your ear. Your heart sped up in response of James message.

"I'm living at my boyfriend's place." You said remembering how you had considered kissing him back in his room.

"I'm flattered (Y/n)!" James said.

"Who is he?" Sherlock questioned you.

"His name is James."

"Oh. That's nice." Sherlock said trying to sound sincere.

"How did you know I was living someplace else?"

"Well, I knew that you aren't the type to own high heels. When I saw that you had some scratches on your elbows and hands, I knew that you weren't very familiar with the place you were staying at, otherwise you probably would have been able to catch yourself or fall in a way that would only cause bruises. There is a possibility that I was wrong about the falling thing so I decided to ask."

"Well. You weren't wrong. Not at all actually."

You backtracked to when he asked who you were living with.

"Ho did you know I was living with someone?" You asked Sherlock.

"You don't own high heels, so you had to get them from someone. Also you are trying to impress him. I mean you are putting up with high heels to prove to him... well... something."

"Am not." You said like a whiny little child.

"You are. I remember you saying at a party one time that you would never willingly put on high heels. For anyone."

"Oh shut up. I've changed Sherlock, that's what people do." You said, emphasizing the last word.

"I don't think so (Y/n). Not to that degree that fast."