Chapter 23

Please listen to Now I'm here by Queen , when I bold some words. It will just communicate some feelings that you wouldn't get otherwise. And take your time reading with the song, it helps.

Your POV

The next day or two rushed by in a blur of boredom waiting for James to came and pick you up.

At the one noteworthy point a woman came over and you watched as Sherlock tried to impress her, and you saw John almost laugh and assume that Sherlock would show off for this lady, but then when he did, you saw the shock on his face before he looked up something to prove Sherlock correct.

"Sherlock should be more careful about who he shows off for; she probably works for James." You thought and almost knew.

Sherlock and John kept working on her case, and when they left one day, obviously going to be gone for a few hours, you waited pathetically, watching telly, waiting for James to come and take you away from the blur that your life had become.

Your patience was not in vain.

"Hello again love." James sang.

You inhaled sharply out of excitement, and tears escaped your eyes for a reason unknown to you.

"Shhhh. It's okay. Now I'm here." James hugged you soothingly.

When the hug ended, he grabbed your hand, and led you out of the flat, and into a cab.

Quiet tears ran down your face, but you knew they were from joy and relief to be leaning against James again.

His arm was around your shoulder and your heads were leaning together, and you could finally breathe calmly and happily for the first time in what felt like forever.

You rode in the cab for quite a while, driving through the streets of London before heading to a new home, and some happier days, and some sadder.

•••

Author's Note

Hi again! I apologize because idk what is wrong with me but I wrote short chapters. Ugh. It's hopefully okay though. Well, gtg fight the monsters in my head some more, wish me luck!

Lots of Loves,

~Amanda