"Yeah, you're right."

"Mom, are you almost ready? Ricky's waiting!" I shouted, running down the stairs as I pulled my hair into a ponytail. She walked out of the kitchen, looking around.

"Yeah, let me find my bag." She scanned the living room as I slipped on my shoes and ran into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"So thankful for the opportunity and I love Ricky, but if he could not move up rehearsal by three hours, that'd be great." I rolled my eyes as I ripped open a granola bar.

"It's out of love, let's go." She motioned me out the door and we climbed in the car. I looked at Zack's house, feeling guilty for not checking in on him. Mom started the car and peeled out of the driveway, driving above the suggested speed limit. We listened to "Happier: Stripped" the whole ride over, and as we parked, I grabbed my phone.

"Come on sweetie." She turned off the car and started to head inside.

"Hold on, I'm just going to text Zack real quick." I walked significantly slower as I followed behind her.

"Put it down, we'll stop by after rehearsal." She put my phone in her bag as we walked inside. Jonathan, the bland and rude receptionist, didn't even make eye contact as we walked in.

"Hi Jonathan!" I rested my chin on the front desk and he pointed to the elevator. "Wow, I got a gesture today! Someone's in a good mood!" I joked and he continued to type as my mom and I headed to the elevator. The door closed and I crossed my arms. "I am nothing but nice to him, it's a shame. If only I knew why he hated me!" I shook my head, jokingly trying to figure it out.

"Oh yes, a real mystery. Maybe it's because all you do is try to talk to him while he's on the phone, or you email him your favorite memes, or maybe it's the fact that you have a heart and he doesn't!" My mom laughed as the doors opened to Ricky's floor. Tori popped up and waved to us.

"My favorites! Welcome back ladies, yesterday was such a drag without you Maddie!" She beamed and gave us hugs.

"You're much nicer than Jonathan!" I laughed and returned the hug.

"Oh don't mind him, he's a grumpy old man. Ricky's inside, don't leave without saying goodbye!" She pointed to the room and headed back to her desk. I made my way into the rehearsal room, and heard music and laughter as I approached the door. I gave my mom a weird look and she shrugged as I opened the door to see Zack, Jordyn, Brianna, and Hadley dancing with Ricky leading them. I waited quietly in the corner for them to finish, and marveled in their talent. Their moms were sitting along the wall, and noticed me almost immediately, giving small waves to us, trying not to distract them. Gavin was sitting at the computer, playing the music and dancing along in his seat. The music ended, and Ricky started to give notes, until he noticed me.

"And here's the lady of the hour! Come in sweetheart!" Ricky waved me in and I gave him a hug. My best friends all wrapped me in a hug and I smiled as our moms all took pictures. I ran over and gave Gavin a huge hug, not seeing him in years.

"Congratulations!" I beamed as he squeezed me tightly.

"Thank you! Congrats to you! Hosting a international benefit at seventeen is insane!" He rubbed my arm and I smiled as I turned back to Ricky.

"Alright, so I'm sure you've guessed it, but these beautiful dancers will be joining you at the benefit." Ricky announced and I hugged all my friends again. "I'm thinking a big group number, a duet, some small groups, just so it's not a bunch of solos. Thoughts?" He asked me and I nodded.

"It sounds perfect! What have you guys done so far?" I asked him and started stretching as they showed me the routines they learned, Ricky portraying me. There were three group numbers to "Dynamite", "Footloose", and an all girls number to "Party in the USA", a duet with Zack to "All of the Stars", and according to Ricky there was much more to come.