Nineteen

Their first fight happens the first week of school. It's not because they ignore each other or because there's drama with other people. It's because Louis decides to tease another guy to tears and Harry really doesn't like that.

The guy is a year younger and Louis just had to take his senior status and flaunt it. Harry really can't believe it because it's Louis and Louis is just so sweet. He teased the guy about his glasses - which is stupid because Louis has glasses - and he teases him about his hair - which is red - and it was all kind of mean and unnecessary.

Niall also laughed with him about it and rolled his eyes when Harry gave Louis shit about it. Louis just blew Harry off and so they decided not to talk. It was hard on Harry because he wanted the boy to climb into his window and kiss him like he does every night, but Louis didn't come.

They also sit next to each other in French and Harry was kind of pissed when Louis partnered up with Eleanor instead of him. Harry just partnered with the red headed guy - Adam - and it got him a glare from Louis. They've been fighting for two days, but both boys are too stubborn to talk to each other first.

It's Friday and there's a big 'Welcome back to school bonfire' being held. Harry was supposed to go with Louis, but since they aren't talking he'll probably have to go alone. It's stupid that they're fighting in all honesty, but Harry shouldn't have to apologize. He's the good person in this.

He's sitting in French, the seat next to him empty. He's waiting for Louis to walk through the door so he can look at him because even though they're fighting Louis is still his boyfriend and he likes to look at him.

There's laughing from the door and Harry glances up from his notebook to see Louis laughing with Adam. Harry furrows his brow because Louis was teasing him two days ago. They're not talking because Louis made him cry and now they're laughing together.

Louis gives him a smile before he walks to the back of the classroom and flops down next to Harry. Harry huffs in annoyance and he can feel Louis looking at him.

"Harry?" Harry refuses to look at him, even though he wants to jump on Louis' lap and kiss him.

"Harry," Louis whines.

"Sweetheart, look at me. Please?" Louis begs. Harry feels his heart beat quickly and he slowly turns to face his boyfriend. Louis smiles when their eyes connect and he leans closer so others can't openly hear their conversation.

"Don't be mad at me. I told him I'm sorry and invited him to the party tonight," Louis tells him. Harry narrows his eyes at that.

"Not to go with me, idiot, just in general," Louis rolls his eyes. Harry relaxes again and Louis smiles at him. Harry really missed his cute smile and crinkly eyes and tan skin and soft hair.

"Am I forgiven or am I still a jerk that you hate?" Louis asks. Harry bites his lip and hums in thought.

"I guess I forgive you, but you're still a jerk," Harry tells him. Louis pouts and god Harry really does have the cutest boyfriend and he hates that they're in class because he wants to kiss him. Louis doesn't kiss at school - which is stupid - but Harry accepts.

"I'm not a jerk," Louis continues to pout and Harry leans forward to flick his nose lightly.

"You are, but you're a lovable jerk," Harry concludes.

"How am I a jerk?" Louis asks and Harry just raises his brow at him. Louis shrinks away and scowls at him.

"I dislike you," Louis mumbles. Harry just chuckles and turns back to his notebook.

"That's okay," he replies. He can feel Louis still watching him and it feels nice to have his attention again. He loves Louis' attention.

"You're still coming with me to the bonfire right?" Louis asks.