Sixteen

Harry wakes up to his mom screaming his name. He opens his eyes and slowly blinks away the blurriness. Ron is sleeping at his feet and he smiles down at the tiny orange kitten. He climbs out of bed - careful not to disturb him - and opens his door.

"Harry Styles, answer me," Anne shouts from down the stairs. Harry groans and walks out of his room.

"What do you want, mom?" Harry asks, his voice groggy from sleep. He yawns as he enters the kitchen and he sees his mom standing there with her arms crossed.

"Why does the kitchen look like this?" she asks impatiently. Harry scans the area and his eyes open wide. He forgot to clean up after him and Louis made cookies.

There's flour on the counters and floor, bowls and spoons just thrown everywhere and the batch of cookies are on a plate, surrounded by crumbs because the boys have eaten a lot of them. Harry gives his mom a sheepish smile and she continues to glare at him.

"We made cookies last night and I forgot to clean up," Harry explains.

"Well clearly! There's even a broken egg in the fridge," Anne scolds. Harry furrows his brow and then remembers Louis dropped it when Harry had smacked his ass.

"You will clean this kitchen until it sparkles," Anne informs him. Harry runs his hand down his face and groans loud and annoyed.

"Mom, I'm supposed to go out with Lou today," Harry tells her. She raises her brows and shakes her head.

"Well change of plans. I'm sure a day apart won't kill you two," Anne tells him in her motherly tone. Harry just juts his lip out and begs with his eyes.

"No, Harry. Clean this up. I'm going to be home today too, so don't even bother trying to get away with not doing it," Anne says strictly. Harry sighs and moves to grab some bowls and places them in the sink.

"Also, you need to buy some clothes for school," Anne says. Harry groans again and Anne leaves the room. Harry just sighs and grabs a cloth to clean the egg. It's gross, but he scrubs the whole fridge with a permanent scowl on his face. He hears his phone ring in his room and he bites his lip. It's probably Louis.

He jumps up and runs up the stairs. He takes them two at a time and bursts through his door. Ron jumps with a start, but Harry ignores him and just grabs his phone.

"Hello?" he says out of breath.

"Hey... You okay?" Louis' voice carries through the phone. Harry runs his hand through his hair and starts to walk downstairs again.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Harry tells him. He holds the phone between his ear and shoulder and starts to place the dishes in the dishwasher.

"So, what time do you want to go out?" Louis asks him. Harry closes his eyes and lets out a sad sigh.

"I don't know if I can. Moms making me clean our cookie mess and then I have to go shopping and then work," Harry explains.

"Oh. Okay. What about tomorrow? I kind of need to see you," Louis says urgently. Harry furrows his brow in confusion.

"Why?" Harry asks suspiciously.

"We need to talk. I have to go. I'll see you soon, yeah?" Louis asks. Harry agrees and then they say their goodbyes. He hears the phone call end and he pulls it away from his face and places it on the counter. He finishes putting the dishes away and then starts to clean the counters and then sweep and mop the floor. It takes him only 45 minutes to finish it all.

His stomach rumbles and he searches through his fridge hoping to find something to eat. He ends up making a sandwich and he cleans up his mess right after.