One

Today is the day Junior year finished. Harry was officially a senior and he still felt like his life was off tilt, like it just wasn't exactly right. He should feel great - ecstatic even - but he doesn't. He's a senior now with no goals for the future and a shitty job at McDonalds.

His life isn't bad though. He has friends and a great family and he does pretty good at school. His report card made his mom happy so, yeah, his life is good. He has his own money and bought his own car - it's a piece of shit, but it drives.

Actually he's working right now. Everyone else is at parties and Harry is stuck taking orders and cleaning tables. He's stuck at this place until midnight - and he's not even allowed to go out after work - so maybe that's why he's in a bad mood.

It's 11:20 and the place is empty. He's cleaning tables and placing the chairs on top of them. The music that plays over the speakers is louder when the building is empty and he quietly hums along. Maybe, we should go into music like Liam.

The doors open and he looks up to see a group of people his age walk in. He recognizes all of them from his school and he can tell a few of them are high or drunk.

He returns to his register and waits as they decide what to order. He hates his job - especially when people he knows come in. It's embarrassing to stand there in the hat and shirt, his name standing out for everyone to see. Niall is the first one to order and he laughs when he notices it's Harry behind the counter.

"Harry? Holy shit, you work here?" Niall continues to laugh. Harry can feel his cheeks heat up and he rolls his eyes.

"Obviously I work here. What can I get you?" Harry asks him. Niall tries to hold in more laughs - he's really drunk - and orders a Big Mac. Harry types in his order quickly and then goes to the next person. They all order simple things and Harry serves them just as quickly. He can hear them all laughing in the corner, eating away.

They're the weird group at school. Always known for partying and doing drugs. They don't care what you look like or who you like, as long as you do drugs you can hang with them. Harry mostly avoids them.

He continues to clean up the other sections, but he can hear people laughing in disbelief and others telling someone to stop. He walks over to them and sees that they've thrown food and spilt their pops all over the floor. Harry just stares at the mess with wide eyes. He's speechless and the group just laughs at him.

"You guys are assholes. I told you to stop," someone speaks up. They sound angry and everyone turns to the person.

It's Louis Tomlinson. Harry would say he's one of the most normal out of the group and Harry has actually held a conversation with him. Louis looks at Harry apologetically and stands from the booth.

"Go home, idiots," he orders. His friends roll their eyes and mutter stuff under their breath, but do as told. They all leave the restaurant and once they're gone, the place is awkwardly silent.

"I'm sorry about them," Louis speaks up again. Harry looks away from the mess and into his clear blue eyes.

"Not your fault," Harry shrugs. He's actually ready to cry because this will take him so long to clean and he's going to get home so late.

"My friends so I take some blame. Let me help you clean up," Louis offers. Harry shakes his head and runs his hands down his face.

"You can't. You're a customer. I can do it, just go," Harry sighs. He turns and goes to grab all the cleaners. He comes back with the large pile and is surprised to find Louis still standing there.

"I kind of have to stay... I don't have a drive home," Louis chuckles. He moves forward and grabs a cloth and spray cleaner from Harry and starts to clean up the table. Harry tries to grab it from him, but Louis refuses to let him have it.

"Let me help you and then you can drive me home," Louis tells him. Harry wants to argue, but the offer is fair and he really doesn't want to clean this by himself.

"Okay. Thanks, Louis," Harry says. Louis just flashes him another smile and Harry starts to sweep and mop. It's disgusting what they threw everywhere and Harry has to go and help Louis clean off the wall, which is covered in pickles and ketchup.

"Your friends are disgusting assholes," Harry complains when they finally finish. Louis just laughs and nods his head.

"I know. I told them to stop because I knew you'd have to clean it," Louis explains. Harry smiles warmly at him and starts to walk to the closet they keep all their cleaning supplies in.

"Well thanks for that. I'm just going to sign out and grab my stuff," Harry tells him. Louis nods and Harry goes back so he can grab his bag and punch out. When he returns out front Louis is sitting on the counter, his feet dangling over the edge.

"Ready?" Harry asks. Louis jumps at the sound of his voice, but slides off the counter.

"Yeah."

They walk out of the building - Harry's manager locked up once they left - and Harry leads Louis to his car. He's embarrassed to show him this, but it's a car and it drives.

"I know it's shit, but it's mine," Harry mumbles out. Louis is smiling at it and just climbs in the passenger side. The car is clean and has a nice, fresh scent.

"I like it. It has character," Louis grins. Harry grins back and starts it up. The radio starts to play and Louis immediately starts going through the stations until he finds one he likes.

"Where do you live?" Harry asks. Louis - who's drumming with his fingers and nodding his head - looks over.

"Hartlen Drive," he tells him. Harry nods and just starts to drive in that direction. It's not too far from his house, so he shouldn't be too late.

"Why do you never talk to me, Harry?" Louis asks randomly. Harry glances over at him in confusion.

"I don't know? Am I supposed to?" Harry asks. He's genuinely confused about that question. It's not like him and Louis have the same friends or are interested in the same things.

"It would be nice. I think you're a cool guy," Louis states. That makes Harry laugh and Louis glances over at him, his eyes shining bright.

"What's so funny?" he asks in amusement. Harry just chuckles again and shakes his head.

"The fact that you think I'm 'a cool guy'. I'm so lame," Harry laughs again and Louis lightly laughs along with him.

"I like lame people. Maybe me and you should be lame together," Louis says. They've just pulled onto his street and Louis gives him his street number. Harry pulls in front of the house and twists so he's facing Louis.

"You know, I actually wouldn't mind just killing time and being lame with you," Harry says. Louis smiles brightly and opens his door.

"Good. You should text me tomorrow then," Louis grins. Harry is about to tell him he doesn't have his number, but Louis opens his mouth.

"My numbers on Facebook," and with that he shuts the door. Harry waits until Louis is through his door before he drives off and not even two minutes later he's parking in his driveway. He enters his quiet house and silently creeps down the stairs and to his room.

He grabs his laptop and logs into Facebook, making sure he has Louis' number before he falls asleep.