Twelve

Harry awakes Monday morning with a cat at his feet, Louis across his chest and two new messages. He reaches for his phone - trying not to wake Louis - he fails - and swipes his thumb across the screen.

"Are you actually going to text and not say good morning," Louis playfully pouts and Harry looks away from his phone to gaze down at the sleepy boy on his chest.

He's shirtless and his eyes are puffy underneath because he's tired. Harry finds it really cute when his eyes get like that and his hair is messy atop his head. He resembles a bunny, but probably cuter. Louis is cuter than a bunny.

"'Morning. Are you staying for breakfast?" Harry asks. Louis usually stays considering Harry's parents are already at work by the time they wake up.

"Mhm. You should make us waffles," Louis sleepily grins, nuzzling his face back into Harry's bare chest.

"Okay," Harry agrees, turning his attention back to his phone. His first message is from Liam, asking if him and Sophia can come over later. The other is from Zayn, asking if him and Perrie can come over. Harry rolls his eyes, but tells his two friends that everyone is welcome.

He looks down to see Louis is asleep again and he smiles softly. The boy is just so adorable when he's cuddly. It's one of Harry's favourite things. He loves watching movies or talking with Louis late at night because he's just so soft and gentle.

"Lou, get up. I'm going to make waffles," Harry gently tells him, nudging the smaller boy. Louis groans and Harry sighs, moving out from under him.

"I'm cold now," Louis complains, voice muffled from the pillow his face is now in.

"C'mon, Lou. Do I have to carry you?" Harry asks. He really doesn't mean it, but Louis is nodding immediately.

"I want a piggy back," Louis tells him. Harry rolls his eyes, but turns his back. Louis is quick to latch on to him and Harry just walks to the door. Louis leans down and kisses the bare skin of his neck, making Harry shiver.

"Stop. I'm walking down the stairs," Harry tells him. Louis chuckles and lets his hands roam down Harry's chest. Once Harry's feet touch the main floor Louis kisses his neck again. Harry can feel the smirk on his lips as he continually presses his lips all over Harry's exposed flesh.

"Louis," Harry tries to be serious but it comes out as a giggle and he can feel Louis' puff of laughter.

"You love it," Louis tells him and Harry really can't deny that. Louis' voice is still scratchy from sleep and the whole thing really makes Harry happy.

"Hi, Harry."

Both boys look up in surprise from the kitchen entry. Anne is sitting at the dining table, her brows raised.

"I didn't know Louis slept over last night," she says and Harry blushes badly. He didn't know his mom was home today.

"Surprise," Louis says awkwardly behind him and Harry gently lets Louis down from his back. Anne just watches the two and Harry can feel Louis twitch nervously beside him.

"Does Louis sleep over a lot?" Anne asks.

"No," Harry replies instantly. His mom examines him and then sighs, placing down her coffee mug.

"I don't believe that. Why not just ask? It's not like we have reason to say no," Anne tells him. Harry bites his lip and looks down at his feet.

He hates getting caught and he hates when his mom gives him that look of disappointment.

"It's my fault. I always just show up," Louis quickly defends him. Both Anne and Harry look over at him and Louis shifts on his feet.

"Don't be mad at him," Louis says. He doesn't like when Harry's sad. He always wants Harry happy and smiling.