Nine

It's the first time Harry's hung out with Zayn all summer. It's cool for a summers day and the two decide to get lunch downtown. It's an easy meal filled with useless chatter and club sandwiches.

They each pay and leave the restaurant happy. Zayn is telling Harry about how his parents walked in on Perrie giving him head in the kitchen. Harry is in hysterics because he can actually picture Zayns parents reactions and just the way Zayn tells it is hilarious. Zayn is laughing with him, enjoying the way the curly haired boy laughs at all the right parts.

"Hey, sweetheart, didn't expect to see you down here," a voice calls. Harry immediately turns towards it and spots a smiling Louis - Niall by his side.

"Sweetheart?" Zayn asks. His brows are raised and a teasing smirk on his lips. Harry's already flushed cheeks turn even more pink, but the dopey smile on his face remains the same.

"Hey, Lou," Harry replies casually. Louis takes that as his cue to walk over and once he's close enough he wraps an arm around Harry's waist.

"Louis," Zayn smiles. Louis smiles back, but doesn't move from Harry.

"Zaynie! I see you're back from camping. I didn't know you were good friends with Styles," Louis admits. Niall is standing next to Zayn shuffling his feet and Zayn shakes his head.

"We're together all the time at school. Me and sweetheart over there go way back," Zayn explains.

"One; I've never seen you together. Two; don't call him sweetheart. That's for me only," Louis tells him. His tone is teasing, but there's a certain seriousness in his eyes that makes Zayn raises his hands in defense.

"Sorry, didn't realize you two were that close," Zayn says. Louis shrugs his shoulders and then gently grabs Harrys wrist.

"I need to steal him," he tells the other two. The both just roll their eyes and Zayn turns to Niall as Louis pulls Harry out of earshot.

"What days aren't you working?" Louis asks him. Harry furrows his brow in thought.

"Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday," Harry tells him. Louis makes a face and bites his lip.

"Do you work Saturday night?" he asks.

"Just until 8," Harry tells him. Louis smiles and reaches for his hand. Harry lets him take it and notices how tiny Louis' fingers are compared to his.

"So, since you're free Saturday night, will you go on a date with me? Like an actual one?" Louis asks. Harry is instantly nodding his head and Louis lights up like a Christmas tree.

"Great. Can I pick you up from work? Is that okay?" Louis asks. Harry nods again and now he just wants to kiss Louis but people are around and he's not sure if Louis'd like that.

"Okay, so I'll pick you up Saturday and I'll make sure everything is perfect. Well, as perfect as it can be," Louis grins.

"I'm sure it'll be great," Harry tells him.

"Louis! Come on!" Niall yells. Louis' attention shifts over to him and he let's out a small sigh. He turns back to Harry and stands on his tiptoes to quickly kiss his cheek.

"I'll call you later," he promises and then Harry watches as him and Niall walk away, not even realizing Zayn has moved next to him.

"So you and Tomlinson?" Zayn smirks. Harry's eyes flick over to him and his cheeks burn.

"Maybe? I think so," Harry says unsurely. He really doesn't know if it is him and Louis? Is he one of many? Is he the only one? Is Louis kissing others and bringing them on dates?

"More like you hope so," Zayn chuckles as they start to walk again. Harry is looking at his feet, biting the inside of his cheek.

"I actually do kind of hope so. I like him," Harry admits to Zayn. The darker boy pats his friend on the back and offers a reassuring smile.

"He likes you too. Has for awhile."

That's the end of the Louis discussion and the two just go back to their easy banter. The walk through the park and then go get ice cream. The afternoon is relaxed and Harry gets more of a tan.

He finally drops Zayn off and gets home at 7:30. His mom doesn't say anything as he goes up to his room and lies on his bed. His feet hurt from walking and his eyes feel heavy. Maybe he should just close them...

He jumps up when the phone starts to ring. He looks at his clock and sees 11:56. Louis always calls him at this time. Not a minute later, not a minute sooner. He reaches for his phone and answers the call, placing it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Did I wake you up, Sweetheart?" Louis asks softly in the phone. He loves Harry when he's tired because he's so cuddly and soft.

"Yeah. That's okay," Harry yawns. He lies back down and keeps the phone to his ear. He loves just listening to Louis' voice.

"You sure? You can go to sleep," Louis whispers.

"I want to talk to you. I like your voice," Harry mumbles out.

"Yeah, well I like your face. Can I come over? Just open your window," Louis continues to whisper. Harry sleepily crawls out of bed and cracks open his window. There's no tree outside it and Harry wonders how Louis will get up.

"Can you even get in my window?" Harry asks.

"Yeah. I can almost reach your little balcony so I just jump and pull myself up," Louis tells him.

"It's not a balcony, idiot. It's a roof," Harry tells him.

"Same thing. I'll be there in 10."

The sound of the line going dead fills Harry's ears and he pulls the phone away before flopping on his bed. He watches the window, just waiting to see Louis' pretty face.

It's so strange how this is all happening. He didn't even talk to Louis before this summer and now he's waiting for him to crawl into his room. If he's on the subject he should add that they basically skipped over the friendship part because they were never really just friends.

There's a small grunt and then Louis' small body is flopping onto the roof ledge outside Harry's window. Harry stands up and walks over, laughing at the sour look on Louis' face.

"Harder than I thought it'd be," Louis complains.

"That's what she said," Harry chuckles and Louis rolls his eyes.

"Are you 12?" Louis asks, his eyes shining with nothing but fondness and utter adoration.

"Sadly, no. Are you going to come in?" Harry asks. Louis nods and slides fully into the room. He turns to shut the window and when he turns back Harry is standing so close to him. His hands reaches out instinctively because all he ever wants to do is touch Harry. Just his fingers gently brushing the others skin is comforting.

"Come to bed with me," Harry tells him. Louis has one of his fingers linked with his and Harry quietly leads them to the bed. They lie down and Harry places his head on Louis' chest. Louis runs his fingers through his hair and Harry is so happy.

He thought this summer would be filled with the pressure of figuring out his life. He didn't expect the cute, energetic Louis Tomlinson to swoop in and basically save his summer. God, that sounds like a shitty Disney movie.

"I like falling asleep with you," Louis murmurs quietly. Harry nuzzles more into him, his eyes yet again becoming heavy.

"Mhm. You're so cuddly," Harry tells him. Louis chuckles and shuts his eyes. Eventually his fingers stop moving through Harrys hair and their breaths become calm. It's peaceful in the world and both boys dream happy dreams.