32. Kiss-Cam (Jetra and Lukesse)

19:00:00/7:00pm

[No POV]

"Hm, let's see- ah ha! Hey Tommy, check them out!"

"Perfect! You know what to do. Put them up!"

[M. Jesse]

"Oh come on! You almost made it!" I sink in my seat in despair, for the star player had tripped up and failed a home run. The atmosphere suddenly changed when romantic jazz music started playing. Eveeyone stopped playing. The whole audience went silent. The stadium lights blanked out, and the jumbo-tron went soft pink with a heart. "Oh crap not this again!"

I hear murmurs among the couples, mostly

Who will it be this time?

I beg in my mind that it won't be me and Petra. Not because I don't like her or find her repulsive but because, she has a reputation with lipstick and anybody's skin would be marked. It's also rather disgusting seeing as she puts on too much- holy crap I WAS PICKED!

Now on the screen, was a zoomed image of me and Petra, just sat there, next to each other. The spotlight lit us up, and the crowd, who saw us on-screen, had begun to chant

Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! KISS! KISS!

I turned to face Petra, who was nervously giggling. I had a single glance at her heavily rouged lips and gulped.

"Well, shall we?"
"I guess."

After a minute of constant chanting, I yell

"Oh for- c'mere you!" before grabbing her head and kissing her, hard and full-on. The whole crowd erupted in a deafening cheer, applause and whistling. Eventually I pulled away, the crowd laughed at how red my lips were and I proceeded to lock them clean. Then I noticed a slight tang.

"Is that... cherry?" I observed, then Petra produced a small black tube with a cherry sticker on it.

"That's right doofus," she added, "your favourite."

That was truly amazing. A redefinition of why we play this game! The reason for that being totally unknown to us right now, we mostly play it just for fun. And um, how about your little friends right ABOVE YOU?!

The spotlight suddenly aimed upwards to aim at

"Lukas? And... Jessica?"

[Jessica]

I've never been on kiss-cam before, nor have I ever kissed Lukas nor have I ever kissed a boy before! I was trembling, for they now expected me to kiss him! How naïve I was. I turned to face Lukas, clenching his teeth as we both appeared on the jumbo-tron. He then turned to face me.

"*gulp* Well, this'll be, um, awkward." I said in a choked voice.

"Yep," he hastily replied. I was so hesitant to go with it, but I was overwhelmed by the crowd's wild demand for ahem, quality entertainment when clearly, we were all here to watch baseball. "Y'know what. Let's do this! C'mere Jessi- MMPH!" I then abruptly silenced his lips with mine. I pressed them against his so hard he stumbled off his chair so he was lying on the ground and I was pinning him. Lukas's shocked gaze scorched my retinas, so I closed them and exhaled gently, allowing the blush to gradually become prominent on my face.

The crowd burst into so much laughter, that when I broke away from him, my cheeks went so red, everyone thought I was either burning or had too much hot sauce.

Whoa- That was ahem, awkward. Anyway, thanks for playing folks. Let the games continue!

The entire stadium lit up again, and the game flow returned. I fixed a glare at Lukas, before giving him a weak and embarrassed grin. Now I kissed Lukas. Generally, now I kissed a boy, first time, was passionate and kinda awkward to say at the least, but undeniably enjoyable.

"Hee hee, did I overdo our first kiss?" I squealed at the blazing blond.

"Can't say you didn't, don't wanna say you did," replied Lukas, dusting his shirt.

"Wanna try again?" I asked, cupping his boiling red cheeks.

"Don't see why not, come here you..."

[Jesse]

I turned around to see the lovebirds still kissing behind me. Without wasting another moment, I yelled to the guy

"Oi! We got another one over here!!!!!" and quickly moved out the way so the overhead camera can zoom in on them making out.

Heavens above ladies and gentlemen, THAT is a kiss worth capturing!!! Give our lovebirds a fine round of applause!!! Now that is what I wanna see!

Now the crowd hollered and hooray'd, but it was soon accompanied with sounds of disgust and wolf-whistles.

Oh goodness me! There go their tongues! There it go- *retches* g-game on!

And with that the jumbotron switched back to the scoreboards and the game went back into full gear. The couple broke away and wiped sweat off of each other's brows, giggling noisily as they took their seats again.

"Congratulations, you just scarred the lives of 1,500 people tonight," I commented sarcastically, receiving a well-deserved slap from my blushing sister.

"Shut up," she scoffed, then we continued to watch the game.

--------

Random fact: I cannot stand the taste of cherries in real life.