2. Bad Doggy! (Young Jetra and Very Young Lukesse)

A/N Jesse and Petra are 5 in this one-shot. Jessica and Lukas are 1 1/2 years old.

[Jesse]

Daddy set up the picnic spot underneath a huge oak tree with a massive shadow so we won't get too hot. Mommy was carrying little baby Jessica in her arms, feeding her milk and teasing her adorable little nose. When we all settled down, I immediately lay down on the rug Daddy rolled out and stared up at the magnificent blue sky, adorned by some fluffy white clouds.

"Daddy? When's Petra coming?" I asked, forgetting not to sound very interested. Daddy looked up from digging through a bag to try and find his camera.

"In time son, in time." said Daddy, who then put his camera down and looked at me, asking "You know, I've noticed you're so interested in Petra all of a sudden, what's up with that?"

My cheeks went red.

And you know why? Because I have a huge crush on Petra! She's smart and funny and really kind and very pretty, I really like her very much, but I don't know if she likes me back.

"Um..." I murmured, my eyes scanning the area to find a diversion. "Mommy? Can I hold Jessica please?"

"Sure! Just be very careful, she's still a baby and is very easy to hurt." replied Mommy, carefully holding tiny Jessica, dressed in adorable overalls, out to me. I had a good but gentle grip on her. She then handed me her milk bottle which I began to feed her with.

Now, I was very close to Jessica. Our relationship wasn't like the stereotypical ones where the elder is horrible to the younger. No, Mommy and Daddy taught me to not be like them. The moment I laid eyes on her when I came home and went upstairs to check on Mommy who just came back from the hospital, I immediately loved her, knowing she was my dear little sister whom I must be a, what Daddy says, role model for her. But she has never spoken one word ever since, not even mama or dada.

I've almost never had the chance to properly bond or play with her, mostly because she needs Mommy's constant care, but also because I really don't want to hurt her. That is why as I held little Jessica in my arms, I immediately sat down and fed her her milk.

"Do you remember who I am?" I quietly asked, laying her milk bottle beside me and holding her closer. Jessica playfully slapped my nose with her tiny hand and I giggled.

Ehhhh... ehhhh... Jessica couldn't talk yet so she moaned like this in response. I smiled sweetly and stroked her little nose to tickle her.

"I'm your big brother. I am your big brother. And you are my little sister. And I love you very much..." I gently said next.

B- bbb- b- bwwaa- I think Jessica is trying to say big brother. I cleared some of the frail but silky black hair covering her forehead and gently pecked her warm forehead. Jessica gave me a cute smile and tried grabbing my nose again.

"Aw... she really likes you son!" said Daddy, suddenly taking a picture of our brother-sister moment.

"Smile Jessica!" I cooed to Jessica, who gave me a very nice smile, not all of her baby teeth had come out yet but she still looked so cute. I am so thankful to the God Almighty that I have such a sweet little baby sister to look after.

"Do you love your sister Jesse?" Mommy asked.

"Of course! I love her very much Mommy." I said.

"Now remember son: Nobody on this Earth can protect your little sister but you. She is also your responsibility and you must always keep her safe at all times. Are you willing to take on that responsibility and that no matter what, you will always protect and love her?" explained Daddy with a scary but serious voice.