8. I Fancy You (Jetra)

The sequel to the previous chapter will be published sooner.

Male and Female Jesse are not related.

[Jesse]

There she goes...

There goes the girl that I've always had a massive crush on.

Her name is Petra, a redheaded girl from my year. Tough as nails but kind as well, she may seem daunting, but if you stay on her good side, you'll find that she's bound to be one of the nicest people you've ever met.

Nearly every boy in my year has a crush on Petra, but they must step aside and understand that I should be the one who wins her heart among them all. Not even the most popular guy in our year, a blond named Lukas, will prove to be any competition at all; he's already dating this other super-hot chick named Jessica. The funny thing is that we look so similar, yet we aren't even in the slightest bit, related at all. I must admit that I too have a crush on Jessica, but she's already deeply in love with Lukas and wouldn't leave him.

The problem with me is that I'm shy, I lack the courage to go up to her and ask how she's feeling. Apparently, there are rumours going around especially amongst the girls that Petra thinks that I'm cute and she kind of fancies me a little. The girls are literally yelling Go get her Jesse, she wants you! at my face, yet this does not boost my confidence in any way at all.  How am I supposed to express myself to Petra if I can't even do something simple as that?

"It's like what I told Aiden when he wanted to ask Cassie out. Just take a chill pill and pretend you're chatting to a friend, or it'll be weird for both of you. And be patient too, don't rush into a relationship, it's not healthy."

Lukas once said this to me when I asked him for advice. He then explained how he courted Jessica and won her heart in the end. Problem is, Petra isn't like Jessica at all, Petra is way tougher and more gregarious while Jessica is tender and kind, I highly doubt that I wouldn't be able to win Petra like how Lukas won Jessica.

"But Lukas, she's Petra! She's different from Jessica!" The blond chuckled.

"Of course she's different, we're all different. But like everyone else, she has a heart, and anyone can win it. You'll figure it out, you always do anyway," replied Lukas, calmly.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!

Damn. That was the school bell. I've got double Chemistry in Room 87. When I turned around, Lukas vanished down the corridor and slipped into a room. The corridor was silent and empty with only me in the middle. A sheet of paper fell off the notification board, so I walked over to pick it up.

But as I reached down to pick it up, another hand had landed on the paper, making our fingertips touch. I looked up to see who's hand it was, only for me to jump back in shock the instance I saw those mellow brown eyes, that flaming red hair and the blue bandanna at the top, and that soft smile on those red lips.

It was Petra.

"Oh! Um, h-hi Petra! Uh, h-how are y-y-you doing?" Petra chortled and slipped the paper out of my hands before pinning it on the board.

"You're Jesse, right?" her soft voice asked. I nodded silently. "Well, Jesse, care to walk to class with me?" She suddenly propped her arm up and wiggled her eyebrows at me in an uncomfortably inviting fashion. "Well????"

"Um, sure?" I nervously interlocked my arm with hers and we started walking to class. I'm finding it impossible to keep my eyes off her, she's just too beautiful and too hot. And to think that the most popular girl in my year is casually strolling down the corridor with a complete nobody! She seems so chill about it...