11. Our New Family (Lukesse)

A/N I live in England, where the emergency number is 999, not 911.

[Lukas]

I buzzed in uncontrollable excitement as I sat down beside Jessica, my wife for nine months now. It wasn't just her striking beauty and utter amazement that got me giddy, but the massive lump on her torso area that is carrying someone very special to me and her.

"We're almost there honey. In a few days, you and I will become parents!" I said gleefully, gently laying my hands on her tummy.

"I've always wanted to raise children, it's the greatest challenge life could throw at us," replied Jessica, kissing my cheek and holding me closer. "I can already tell you that this child will bring us closer together, strengthen our unity, make us one, and will bring us very great joy." I couldn't stop the chuckle that came out of my mouth.

"If you don't mind changing smelly nappies, waking up in the middle of the night, and doing all other motherly things, then I'm sure we'll have a blast raising children into this world." I stroked her silky raven hair and dug my nose into it, inhaling the delicious aroma of her hair conditioner. "Knowing that you are carrying our child just makes me love you even more, I'm so happy for us."

"I love you too honey, and I'm honored to be carrying your child-"

"It's not my child Jessica," I sternly interrupted. "It's our child." This put the smile back on Jessica's face.

"You're right, I'm honored to be carrying our child. Better?" I gave her a thumbs up, then slowly leaned forward to gently kiss her perfect lips.

Words alone could never describe how blissful that moment was; her lips were like silk and I felt her heart's euphonious rhythm. I lifted my hand to stroke her freckles with my knuckles and cupped her other cheek, Jessica took my wrists and kissed me back. Again, it was a moment of pure bliss...

I abruptly stopped the kiss when I felt my foot get a little wet all of a sudden, and Jessica gasped and started to breathe faster than normal.

"L-Lukas! My water broke! I'm going into labor CALL AN AMBULANCE NOW HURRY!!!!"

When I noticed what liquid had poured on my foot, I gasped and dashed for the telephone and dialled 999. Jessica was going into labor, meaning in a few moments, the baby inside her will come out and her pregnancy will end, and unless we can get an ambulance here ASAP, we're gonna be in a serious dilemma.

Within five minutes, flashing blue lights blared through the windows. The ambulance had just arrived and Jessica was already waiting outside, clutching her tummy like she had a serious stomach ache.

"Hurry! We'll get her straight to the hospital!" The doctor yelled, guiding Jessica into the back, I quickly jumped in and yelled "GO GO GO!" and the ambulance quickly drove away.

"Argh!" moaned Jessica, tightening her grip on her tummy.

"Ssh ssh ssh... everything's gonna be just fine now honey, you hear me?" I desperately panted, taking her shuddering hand into mine and gently squeezing it. I could already imagine how much pain she'll go through when she's actually delivering the baby...

I never let go of Jessica's hand as we rushed through the hospital corridors, I didn't care how much the strong antiseptic burnt my eyes, Jessica was more important than the pain in my eyes right now.

Before we began, Jessica took a deep breath and began to squeeze my hand again.

"Ready?" I asked, she nodded. "Now, push as hard as you can, PUSH!"

5 minutes later...

The bones in my hand felt as if they've been crumbled up into tiny bits, there was sweat all over Jessica's face, and the only things I've heard for the past five minutes were either the doctor encouraging Jessica to push or her screaming in pain.

"One more! Give it all you've got! One last push and it's done!" The doctor screamed, handing me a cloth to wipe Jessica's forehead.

"Okay... okay... one... more... one... more... you can do this Jessica... you can do this... okay... aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!-"

Waaaaah!!!!!!!

"Congratulations! It's a boy!" The nurse said in delight, for cradled in her arms, wrapped in a white towel, and crying loudly, was a new life, gifted to us. Jessica was exhausted, but she was suddenly overjoyed and filled with energy when the nurse handed her the baby. I was so amazed and awestruck upon seeing my newborn son, that it is simply amazing how I didn't end up fainting.

"He's... he's... he's so cute..." panted Jessica with a raspy voice. I got her a cup of water and her voice went back to normal. She hugged her newborn son closely and planted a very gentle kiss on his forehead. "L-Lukas, here is your little boy..."

"He's our little boy sweetie, ~he looks just like you!" And it turned out I wasn't lying when our son opened his eyes for the first time and saw his new parents for the first time, they were of a magnificent green tint, just like Jessica's. "He's got your eyes!"

"He reminds me of my father... I wanna call him Jesse, in his honor, if that's okay with you?" Jesse seemed like the perfect name for our son, so I gave Jessica a thumbs up, as well as both a nod and smile of approval.

"From this day onward, you shall be known as Jesse, our son. ~This is your mommy, and I am your daddy, and we love you very much." Jesse playfully slapped my nose and I couldn't help but laugh. The doctors left us so we were alone in the room.

"We are a family now Lukas. You, me, and our little baby boy Jesse. I love my boys..." she whispered, to which I chuckled.

"And I love you too. ~Isn't that right my little man????" I spoke with a playful voice when I turned to Jesse, whose hands were creeping up my nose.

We were no longer just a married couple, no sirree. We were more than Jessica and Lukas Smith. We were now a family proudly raising our child Jesse. There is nothing more I could ever ask for in this world:

I met a lovely girl, we dated and flirted and played around until that fateful day when I proposed to her, and she said yes. Then after a rather nutty night, I conceived a new life; my son Jesse, inside Jessica. After nine long months, we welcomed him to the world, and now begins his journey to maturity.

I love my son Jesse. I love my dear wife Jessica. I am fulfilled. I am happy.

A/N Wow I sure am getting better! I may have finally gotten over my stupid writer's block! Yay!